Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Holly Holm Shocks The World, KO's Ronda Rousey

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder if Oscar will now request The Ring to have Holly Holm on the cover. A$$holes better put her on there.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      I wonder if Oscar will now request The Ring to have Holly Holm on the cover. A$$holes better put her on there.
      You know fishnet was just looking to Rousey as a GBP fighter. Now that she was KO by a retired former boxer don't expect Holm to grace the Ring front page.

Comment

• Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
        Exciting fight

I was a big fan of Holm - when I was stationed in Kirtland AFB, I use to watch Holly all the time on the cheap at Isleta. I watched her fight Christy Martin and when she won her world title, all at Isleta and I think I saw her at Sandia. With that being said, I wanted Ronda to win; my daughter loves watching her...but wow was she sloppy and mildly out of shape today.

Ya'll soft ass dudes are on here cheering as if you went in there, to Australia and beat her yourself...what kind of dudes cheer for someone's L. You can say whatever ya'll want about Ronda, but she fights who they put in front of her - all top of the division girls and tonight she met her match. No cherry picking, no weight shenanigans, no glove shenanigans, no waiting out opponents until they're 5 years past their sell-by date - she fights who they put there for her to fight and she should be commended. It's clear that she her gameplan was aweful and Holly made her pay.

Ronda has focused less and less on her career and tonight she paid the price. If UFC puts her in an immediate rematch, she'll get put to sleep - she needs fight a tune-up or two. But see, that's why UFC is successful - at its core, its still a sport and we'll soon see the appropriate rematch.

And in less than a month - one of the most anticipated fights ever for me, Jose Aldo vs Conner McGregor - which will be a war.

I ain't soft like you high school droppouts - I enjoy BOTH sports because at any given moment, even the 7-1 underdog can pull off the improbable. Ya'll talking about humbleness but the first thing ya'll do is come here and sling mud, I mean wtf? Guess what losers, you can enjoy MMA and Boxing - I truly don't understand this "we're better" crap...it's for the birds, usually mentioned by lames.

My kids today got to see a great fight, an improbable outcome - a lesson to be learned in life to be honest and I enjoyed it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bandman View Post
          a pacquiao fan with an excuse.. why am i not surprised?
          A dumbass Floyd fan sounding ******ed...Im not surprised.

What excuse dumbass?

Comment

• Originally posted by elgranluchadore View Post
            Rousey has like 9 months before they do the rematch to learn how to shoot a double leg and throw some kicks to prevent lateral movement.
            Before this fight, I saw her shadow box and I felt that if Holm had anything left then she can KO Rousey here if she doesn't get taken down, then watching the fight due to the hype, the first 2 mins was terrible from Rousey, she was following Holm in a manner that any boxer would never do, she was eating left jabs in the process and you just knew it was only a matter of time. She seems to think she was intimidating Holm that way for some reason, Holm for her part was very calculated, humble and made sure Rousey was OK after the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
              yeah because a boxer would have landed that headkick.
              She got schooled. Holm boxed circles around her first, pot shotting with hard straight left hands, being elusive, dodging. Ronda even fell from missing after Holm ducked. The kick was jist 7 second video shown on youtube but the fight itself was Ronda getting schooled, literally outboxed. Holly Holm literally used boxing to bust up Rousey before kicking her in the face like "and oh yeah on top of outboxing you, let me just kick yeah in neck real quick."

Comment

• Comment

• Haven't seen the fight but it sounds like Rousey believed the hype & fought the wrong fight...trying to strike with a striker
                  From photo's looks like Holm's a southpaw, to get caught cold like that off the rear leg shows she needs more work

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    She got schooled. Holm boxed circles around her first, pot shotting with hard straight left hands, being elusive, dodging. Ronda even fell from missing after Holm ducked. The kick was jist 7 second video shown on youtube but the fight itself was Ronda getting schooled, literally outboxed. Holly Holm literally used boxing to bust up Rousey before kicking her in the face like "and oh yeah on top of outboxing you, let me just kick yeah in neck real quick."
                    Yeah I could see grown men trying to cry here, Holm actually won this fight by using her boxing knowledge, the kick might have brought Rousey down but the jabs and left hook did all the major damage.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                      X