Collapse
No announcement yet.

Legendary Fights: Aaron Pryor vs Alexis Arguello

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the reasons using stimulants in boxing is outlawed. Fight would have been ruled a no contest if it happened today.

Comment

Aaron Pryor is someone I study because he does whatever he has to do to win. He adapts to everyone who steps in the ring with him.

He's my favorite fighter of all time, that's my opinion and this is my thread. I never said I was a boxing historian.

Pryor vs Arguello is one of the greatest fights in boxing history and is a fight every boxing fan should know and see.
      Last edited by DARKSEID; 05-20-2013, 01:29 AM.

Comment

Pryor signed to fight Leonard but Hearns retired Leonard before the fight.

If only. Leonard wouldve waxed him.

Hell, a few years earlier Benitez wouldve schooled him at 140.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Funny thing is, it wasn't just the $500,000 he rejected; he turned down a second offer of $750,000 and requested $2 million. And these are the words of his manager at the time, Buddy LaRosa. This was just after Leonard had won his title back from Duran, and only a few months after Pryor won his title.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id...+leonard&hl=en

Comment

Originally posted by prinzemanspopa View Post
            Funny thing is, it wasn't just the $500,000 he rejected; he turned down a second offer of $750,000 and requested $2 million. And these are the words of his manager at the time, Buddy LaRosa. This was just after Leonard had won his title back from Duran, and only a few months after Pryor won his title.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id...+leonard&hl=en
            good post, didn't know of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossman View Post
              One of the reasons using stimulants in boxing is outlawed. Fight would have been ruled a no contest if it happened today.
              People love to hype up that win for Pryor but leave this out on top of Arguello being beyond his prime. "No not that bottle, the one I mixed."
              Last edited by Suavecito80; 05-21-2013, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X