No announcement yet.

With 2 PPVs in consecutive months...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With 2 PPVs in consecutive months...

With Floyd fighting in May on PPV and Manny on PPV in June, will the PPV buys be affected one way or another?

I would say that with two consecutive months of major PPVs one fight will get less buys, and I'm leaning towards Manny's being affected..

that's about $120 worth of PPV, not cheap.

What do you guys think?

my guess if *******s will buy pac's fight, *****'s will buy floyd fight so i dont think they will affect each other too much

Comment

I'd actually lean towards Manny being affected too simply because his is after Mayweather.
      Neither men have selected an opponent yet either... but there's still time.
      I think both men will try to discredit the other and lure as many fans as they can to theirs.
      Also May 5th, Cinco de mayo... blah blah blah.
      Oh, and if Mayweather fights Cotto, I imagine more people will buy it because they think Cotto can win... for some reason

Comment

Originally posted by McFearless View Post
        With Floyd fighting in May on PPV and Manny on PPV in June, will the PPV buys be affected one way or another?

I would say that with two consecutive months of major PPVs one fight will get less buys, and I'm leaning towards Manny's being affected..

that's about $120 worth of PPV, not cheap.

What do you guys think?
        hmmm mayweather-cotto and pacquiao-bradley id say pac loses

Comment

Originally posted by -TITAN- View Post
          hmmm mayweather-cotto and pacquiao-bradley id say pac loses
          My guess would be people partying on May 5th would get the fight. and the casual public recognizing that there's a major fight with Floyd. But depending on who Floyd is fighting will also impact the decision I think

And then there's gonna be the loyals watching Pac, but what I'm thinking is that the general are gonna be like "another fight?!" and not want to spend the money, especially if its someone like Bradley

Comment

like you said alot of people don't know who Bradley is...but imagine if mayweather fought canelo on may 5th and pac fought Bradley in June ? Would you buy both?

Comment

All depends on who fights who.

Comment

Originally posted by CumulousClouds View Post
                like you said alot of people don't know who Bradley is...but imagine if mayweather fought canelo on may 5th and pac fought Bradley in June ? Would you buy both?
                That's a good point. And as a boxing fan and being able to I'm gonna watch both!

Comment

bumpbumpbump

Comment

The only way I say pac beats May is if pac fights Jmm

And I hope so...

May vs Cotto
                    Pac vs Jmm

Perfect set up specially if May struggles with Cotto and Pac blows of Jmm (which I dont want to...

Comment

Working...
                    X