Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Keith Thurman is suspended indefinitely

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manny slapped the **** of of hippy Keith.

Comment

Originally posted by NORMNEALON View Post
      You are correct but over 6 months is not a normal suspension after a fight . 30 days like stated earlier , and generally 90 days if the fighter was KOd .....Keith is suspended for over 180 days . From a cut ?? That's not likely ....so I think it's a logical question providing that the length of suspension reported is TRUE . Which I cannot vouch for .
      I think it varies by commision but indefinite suspensions are not unusual especially after fights where one or both fighters seemed to sustain prolonged punishment and especially under certain jurisdictions (NAC are pretty hot on fighter safety for instance). An indefinite suspension will usually only be lifted when a fighter undergoes the medical to clear them for their next sanctioned fight.
      Last edited by Citizen Koba; 01-24-2020, 04:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lolpz View Post
        It's because of an injury sustained in the fight. He is not allowed to box again for 6 months because of it, probably issued in the post fight administered test by a doctor in the commission.
        That's what iam saying but the lip cut dont add up

Comment

Keith "Off time" Thurman.

Comment

Oh this thread again....

Comment

You are correct but over 6 months is not a normal suspension after a fight . 30 days like stated earlier , and generally 90 days if the fighter was KOd .....Keith is suspended for over 180 days . From a cut ?? That's not likely ....so I think it's a logical question providing that the length of suspension reported is TRUE . Which I cannot vouch for .
              Why is everyone saying it's for a cut? Last I saw Keith, his hand was still in a cast from that fight.

He broke his hand.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                Why is everyone saying it's for a cut? Last I saw Keith, his hand was still in a cast from that fight.

He broke his hand.
                There we go , that could require this suspension ,I was thinking the same thing , a cut would not cause this suspension

Comment

There we go , that could require this suspension ,I was thinking the same thing , a cut would not cause this suspension
                  Yeah, last time I saw him on PBC doing commentary for a fight, he still had his cast sticking out the bottom of his dress shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by BoomBapTrap View Post
                    Keith boxed well. He made a valiant effort in the mid-late rounds, just wasn’t enough to take out the superior top 5 ATG boxer Emmanuel. Manny is WAAYYY past his prime but like Bradley says, Manny was so good that his B/C game is still better than the elite welter’s A game.
                    Well yeah, it’s Manny fûçking Pacquiao we’re talking about here!

The man has over 70+ fights which means he’s seen it all and done it all! He knows what to do in nearly every situation in a boxing fight!

I was surprised to see how quick and strong Pacquiao still was, that was the pure definition of turning back the clock even though his age started to show as the rounds went by!

I gotta call a spade a spade, that was not the elite version of Thurman or even his A game!

Thurman was coming off a long layoff with only 1 fight to show since and nearly got stopped by Joseito Lopez that same year and it was said he came in the fight with injuries too plus was up gambling late at night the day before the fight!

We'll never see the Keith Thurman that fought Porter and Danny fight Pacman cuz I suspect that version is gone, not to say Keith would’ve won but the fight would’ve been closer than it was!

Just my opinion on it but FairPlay to Manny who’s definitely moved up my all time great rankings with the things he’s accomplished!

Comment

He should be suspended. He fought manny with one arm. He had no business being in the ring being handicapped like that..

Comment

Working...
                      X