Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Florida boy, 11, arrested after refusing to recite ‘racist’ Pledge of Allegiance:

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
    The flag represents our country. The Republic. To say our flag is the racist is to say that we as Americans are racists. That flag represents former president Obama, as well as all of the black and minority congressional reps. Clarence Thomas, a black supreme Court Justice is represented by that flag.

Historically,that flag represents the hundreds of thousands of men that died in the fight for freedom. That flat represents the soldiers from both world wars, that fought and died for freedom. It represents those soldiers that have fought tyranny and oppression.

That flag represents the lawmakers that have helped shape our country. Those that voted for the 13th Amendment, and the 19th. Those that voted for the Equal Rights Act. That flag represents people that have worked to make this country a place of opportunity for people of all races.

But, if we let some kid with basically a 5th grade education tell it, and it represents racism. Maybe in middle school, if he pays attention, he'll learn the concepts of "all men are created equal", and "liberty and justice for all" ...which happens to be in the pledge he refused to stand for...
    I'm not saying I disagree with you. Every time the National Anthem plays, I stand if I'm inside and salute if I'm outside

But you have to be careful when insulting other people's point of view on their experience with the nation

I'm not saying anyone is right, but just as you have experiences in this country, there are others who have different experiences.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      Both are wrong but the teacher has absolutely zero excuses for her actions. The kid at least had a point and is still just a kid

Teacher should have handled it way better, this could have actually been a golden opportunity to discuss and educate, instead of being a dumbshyt and telling the 11 year old kid to move away

But then the kid shouldn’t have blown up at the other school officials and authorities and got arrested.cant say that I blame him, we all been heated before, but gotta keep calm under duress.

He wasn’t arrested for not standing for the pledge, he was arrested for blowing up afterwards.

But if I’m the prosecutor, I drop these charges in a heartbeat.

If I’m the school, I’m probably looking to remove the teacher, no way should a teacher be that antagonistic towards an 11 year old
      that's a great post

Comment

That does not address my comment in any way.

Can you show me the racist part?
        3rd verse of the pledge of allegiance. Simple Google search my man. Not hard to find

Comment

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands. One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

Can someone please point out the racist part?
          "Republic" has historically not been associated with black people.

Comment

Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
            300 years of oppression
            Four HUNNIT.

Comment

It was an act of terrorism

Comment

Sound like this little racist ******* got what was coming to him.

Comment

Originally posted by jsmith_tsu View Post
                  3rd verse of the pledge of allegiance. Simple Google search my man. Not hard to find
                  You mean the anthem? Please don't talk down to me, when you're not even referencing the correct work

Comment

Back when I worked in the actual classroom I remember this was a big problem with some students not because of racism but religion.

I got in trouble for asking all students to at least show respect by standing.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                      "Republic" has historically not been associated with black people.
                      Let's not act like this is still 1850. We have blacks in Congress, blacks in the Supreme Court, we just had a black president and a black attorney general. Jim Crow is not in effect. This is some punk kid that got arrested for making threats and calling all of his school officials racists.

It's like the Cuban immigrant teacher said, if this place doesn't want you, find one that does

Comment

Working...
                      X