No announcement yet.

rock music is truly dead

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [REAL TALK] rock music is truly dead

when i was teenager in early 2000s 8there are still few who can reach the top like SOAD or Greenday, even some of the OGs are still kicking producing album or single or two. but now is nothing, what happen?? do today teenager dont form band and play in their father's garage anymore?? i havent seen any new generation of head-banger for awhile

You’re grieving the loss of a punk pop band like green day?

And SOAD just reunited with Serj last year and did shows. I’d assume they’ll make a record again.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
      You’re grieving the loss of a punk pop band like green day?

And SOAD just reunited with Serj last year and did shows. I’d assume they’ll make a record again.
      is not what i meant, but what i meant is the rock music can still reach the top of the chart when just over a decade ago. but now is nada...

the most frightening is actually there are really little new blood in rock music in this decade. remember late/early 90s/2000s every second Mtv are playing slipktnot, offspring, RHCP linkin park, muse, Gorillaz, etc...

i'm kinda indiffrent about your news about SOAD, they old and past it. usually old musician only produce 1 or 2 good songs in their final years. what rock music need is new blood, the young one is strong enough binging drugs and booze to fuel their energy and creativity.

Comment

It's still alive it's just dead in the music charts and other forms of media. But people are still making and listening to it, it's just more underground now.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
          Serj doesn't want to make any more SOAD music apparently. He prefers his classical or whatever genre he makes now. I'd imagine the SOAD tours are just a nice little earner for him.

Comment

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
            It's still alive it's just dead in the music charts and other forms of media. But people are still making and listening to it, it's just more underground now.
            underground music is the only music

Comment

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
              do kid still form new band and headbanging?

Comment

Never hear much of their songs but Greta Van Fleet might keep it alive.

Comment

Originally posted by betmen View Post
                  Of course, just in smaller numbers. There is no huge scene now and kids are more into conformity today, pre 2000's you saw more goths and grungers etc. Now kids just wanna blend in.

Thats my opinion anyway. I'm sure there are other reasons for the decline of rock/metal in the mainstream.

Comment

Originally posted by betmen View Post
                    Man these kids don't play instruments no more. That's one reason why jazz and classical are dead. Everybody body either wants to sing or rap everything else can be done by the computer.

Once the government cut funding to school, Music and Art class are the first to go. Playing and learning a instrument is expensive and take time. Would you rather put your child in sport camp for $300-500 or buy a instrument for $500-1000 then get him a teacher $$$$ then drive around looking for gigs for him to practice. Those days are long gone unless you are a music family, joins a church group or rich.

Kids like sports and video games.

Comment

Working...
                    X