No announcement yet.

Favorite Roberto Duran Fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blue54 View Post
    Honestly Duran lowkey deserved it he talking trash about Leonards wife and keep insulting over jealousy Leonard was really tryna be nice upuntil he had enough.
    They toned it down heavy in the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by clemenza View Post
      I was at the Barkley fight in Atlantic City. That was a underrated fight. The Blade was a tough customer, but Roberto was so crafty and could get you out of your fight plan in about 6 minutes.
      A little side note , I Left The fight after it ended. I wSnowent and played Black Jack for about hour or so and like 4-5 vodka’s later walked out to the parking garage and there was like 6 inches of snow outside and I got 2 hour plus drive ahead of me at 2:00 AM. That sucked
      Yeah snow. I live in Canada so I feel your pain.

Comment

Little Bob Duran got slapped silly and humiliated in New Orleans. He was shown up like a girl, in with a man's man. Leonard didn't need to shït several beefsteaks. He came to win. When he would not stand still the Panamanian was lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
          I also have a soft spot for the Barkley fight. After years of nothing significant, he took it to a much larger and hard punching opponent. He also eased some of the scars of the Hearns loss, since Barkley took Hearns twice. Very inspiring and yes, the third Dejesus fight was unreal. He looked every bit of the beast he was in his prime.
          DeJesus 2 was the first Duran fight I saw, replayed on tv in the 80s. Last fight I saw was vs Barkley. My Dad always told me how Duran kept moving up in his career, but once u see it on screen it’s amazing. I was in awe at Duran’s ability to slip a punch against Barkley. When ur great there’s no big deal about weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Blond Beast View Post
            DeJesus 2 was the first Duran fight I saw, replayed on tv in the 80s. Last fight I saw was vs Barkley. My Dad always told me how Duran kept moving up in his career, but once u see it on screen it’s amazing. I was in awe at Duran’s ability to slip a punch against Barkley. When ur great there’s no big deal about weight.
            Man you got that right. Great fighters overcome so may obstacles that good or very good fighters just never seem to do. Duran imo could do damn near anything. He looked like half of Barkley's size but man he made him look ordinary.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
              Man you got that right. Great fighters overcome so may obstacles that good or very good fighters just never seem to do. Duran imo could do damn near anything. He looked like half of Barkley's size but man he made him look ordinary.
              Barkley was never the same after that either.

Comment

Mine was "The Brawl in Montreal"; Leonard vs Duran I. That was Duran at his finest. It was the best Roberto Duran that I have ever seen. He was never the same before or after that fight.

He displayed exceptional upper body movement, tremendous handspeed, excellent combination punching and a relentless body assault as well.

As I've said earlier, it was the best Duran that I have ever seen. How Leonard withstood all of that was short of a miracle. Most opponents would have wilted under that kind of tenacity and intensity by Duran but no not Leonard.

He fought him on even terms.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                  Barkley was never the same after that either.
                  I would definitely agree, man. Duran retired Palomino too.

Comment

Working...
                  X