Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Once a week boxing training, is it fine?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is how I’m keeping fit whilst away from training amidst all the Christmas eating:

-2x a week running (alternating between jogging and sprints) + 3-5 rounds of Shadow Boxing (after the running)

- 2x a week Sit ups (250/300 a session) + Pushups (as many as you can do)

- 1x a week leg work-out (Lunges/Squats/Hip Raises/One leg squats)

Best of luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
      That will take some time before you're comfortable in a street fight and more than 1 time a week of training per week. I was comfortable only after turning pro with the hardcore regime that my trainer made me do every day, besides sunday ofcourse. If you train just for street fighting than I recommend that you instead do not train at all. Street fighting is for wimps looking for easy marks. If they were looking to fight other tough people they would be training where you were going to train, fighting well trained and well conditioned fighters. Looking for street fights is only the habit of losers looking for an easy mark to build their snowflake egos. And if you ever did get to the point where you are comfortable/confident enough you would probably just think that it's not even worth your time. Unless, ofcourse, you still have something to prove. You could prove that you are more than tough enough to slap a ******, because that is all that a civilian is. Well, most of them when speaking of fighting.…...Rockin'
      Great post!

Train hard and expend your energies in the gym. A trained fighter has no business street fighting with civilians.

You'll be able to defend yourself in time and sparring will let you know exactly how good you are. However long it takes is however long it takes.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
        You need to be sparring 2-3 times a week for several months to learn how to fight
        Originally posted by scbb View Post
        My trainer recommends at least 3 times a week for 1 hour and that's what I do.
        if you're training for self-defense purposes, which it sounds like you're doing, once a week is not enough. you should be shadowboxing every day and maybe 2X a week on the bag. you're not ready to fight until you can punch in combinations without thinking about it first, that's when you're ready to let go when someone sucker punches you in the back of the head while you're drinking in a bar and you can turn around and give him a quick jab, right hand and left hook without having to plan it advance (not that this ever happened to me, lol)

Originally posted by Le_Grand View Post
        This is how I’m keeping fit whilst away from training amidst all the Christmas eating:

-2x a week running (alternating between jogging and sprints) + 3-5 rounds of Shadow Boxing (after the running)

- 2x a week Sit ups (250/300 a session) + Pushups (as many as you can do)

- 1x a week leg work-out (Lunges/Squats/Hip Raises/One leg squats)

Best of luck!
        ^ this looks like a good plan, but i'd add some bag work, especially a few sets of intervals on the bag

Comment

phallus (phone won’t let me quote you): I’m half-french and back at home in the countryside for the holidays, so unfortunately, no bags around here. I’m only away for a couple of weeks though, so no biggie ... Shadow boxing is the closest I can get.

Festive diet has been good so far - the real challenge is staying away from all the wine and cheese raining down on me. That’s why training is so important over the holidays - very easy to put on 5-10 pounds or more in a short period of time.

Enjoy it but don’t over-enjoy it!

Comment

Do train when you can... if you are bussy one time a week is enough. Keep training on a weekly bases and when you can go more then go more.

When going one time.a week work on footwork, shadow boxing, pads and light sparring.

Comment

Working...
            X