Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wilder The Worst Heavyweight ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not very skilled and Fury plain embarrassed him at the times there. That being said, that power is special, like everyone knows. He has holy power and that helps him a lot. And while his technique is pretty ugly most of the time, he still makes it work. Often enough, he just needs that one shot. Not a fan of him but he has made it in boxing, made millions and became a champion

Comment

Originally posted by REdrUm0351 View Post
      It depends on how you measure Wilder. Is he a great boxer? No, but he does have enough variation in his game to land that big right hand. His power in that hand plus his ability to survive until he does land it puts him in the top 5 currently. If you take away that Right hand I don't know where he would be but in the current crop of heavies he's top 3. So maybe it depends on how you judge this era compared to the past.
      Eight title defenses , 1 credible win sums up what I'm getting at.

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
        That one credible win is questionable best.

Comment

Wilders power is special but I also wonder if it's because he's kinda unorthodox in that he isn't textbook so his shots come at weird angles and their harder to defend against because of it. He has done really well and I don't think he's as simple as people make him out to be. That power though has to be ATG if without it he's total chit.

Comment

Originally posted by R01 View Post
            That one credible win is questionable best.
            Wilder was saved by the bell but a win is a win. Ortiz fight.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
              He is the heavyweight divisions own David Lemieux. Well except even Lemieux has more skill
              Great comparison lol

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
                I believe it's really hard to judge an era it could be that this one isn't great and Wlad just stuck around a lot longer than he should have. While doing so gave credibility to guys like Fury and Aj who wouldn't be at the top in previous eras. If Wilder is as bad as people say this era is complete crap if he can draw against the lineal champ.

Comment

Working...
                X