Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Wilder Beats Fury, we will have to admit that he is elite

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's already elite, people need to stop applying a customized definition to the word elite, it makes you look extremely ignorant.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
      ortiz was a top 4 HW when wilder beat him...whether you like it or not...some of u are going to have to get over it.....beating ortiz is about as good as beating an old wlad coming off an L and layoff...i realize some of u will never accept it...but thats because of your foolish pride and internet egos you cant let lose.....i cant imagine how many of you are weak in real life and would get the ever living **** kicked out of you if you ever ran your mouths like this in the presence of real men
      Ortiz is a good fighter but you have to prove you're a top 4 heavyweight. You prove it by beating a top 4 heavyweight. Ortiz never has. His best win is either Thompson or Jennings, that is fact.

He would have to have beaten one from Wilder, AJ, Parker, Whyte, Miller or even Chisora or Brezeale. Hes beaten nobody yet.

Comment

Originally posted by redmish View Post
        Ortiz is a good fighter but you have to prove you're a top 4 heavyweight. You prove it by beating a top 4 heavyweight. Ortiz never has. His best win is either Thompson or Jennings, that is fact.

He would have to have beaten one from Wilder, AJ, Parker, Whyte, Miller or even Chisora or Brezeale. Hes beaten nobody yet.
        he was signed with hearn yet couldnt get a fight with whyte or chisora....or AJ....that should tell u something.....and please dont add miller into that list.....or parker

ortiz just laid a guy in 2 rounds that parker went the distance with

ideally i agree with you...it would help ortiz's cause if he had beaten some better comp....but HW is so messed up and lacking that sometimes you have to use the eye test and look at ability and skill...and ortiz has it and is still a top 5 guy

Comment

Elite? None of these Heavyweights are ELITE, it is a Division with some more exciting fighters than the Klitschko's basically so we're kinda overrating them. But I don't see Wilder, AJ, Fury or any of them stacking up with the "GREATS" yet at least. Winner of this fight Unifying with AJ makes one them ELITE and put them in the History Books!

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
            In boxing, it is not just about skill but who you have beaten. If Wilder defeats Fury, he will have two elite boxers in Fury and Ortiz on his resume. That would, without a doubt, place him in elite category. Wouldn't you guys agree?
            Huh? What? I mean yeah - if you want to call Wilder 'elite' already it's not unreasonable. Any fighter in the top 2 or 3 or even 5 of a division has claim to be called 'elite' under a literal definition, but what's Ortiz done to be called elite? And it's absolutely impossible to know right now what state Fury's in... dude might just be showing for the paycheck or he might actually still be a force to be reckoned with at HW.

What I can say for sure is that if Wilder does win you'll have some arguing til their last breath that Fury was shot to shit and others (like yourself) insisting that Fury is still an elite fighter... you got some way of objectively proving which is right?

Comment

he was signed with hearn yet couldnt get a fight with whyte or chisora....or AJ....that should tell u something.....and please dont add miller into that list.....or parker

ideally i agree with you...it would help ortiz's cause if he had beaten some better comp....but HW is so messed up and lacking that sometimes you have to use the eye test and look at ability and skill...and ortiz has it and is still a top 5 guy
              Like I said already, he is a good fighter and hopefully he gets a big fight soon or his career highlight will be hurting wilder.

Comment

No

How is Ortiz elite ? Who has he beaten to be considered elite ?

Fury coming off a 3 year crack binge at 28 stones is not elite

Wilder has proven to have ducked Whyte Joshua, povetkin and wlad

That isn’t elite

Comment

Who cares if he knocked out a bum quicker thn Parker did

Comment

wilder beating fury won't prove he's elite at all fury isn't anywhere near the fighter he was against wlad. fury is a nutjob and hasn't had a real fight since then.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                      Elite? None of these Heavyweights are ELITE, it is a Division with some more exciting fighters than the Klitschko's basically so we're kinda overrating them. But I don't see Wilder, AJ, Fury or any of them stacking up with the "GREATS" yet at least. Winner of this fight Unifying with AJ makes one them ELITE and put them in the History Books!
                      Tysons best win was Ruddock. I have no doubt that Wilder, AJ, and Klits would have destroyed Ruddock.

Comment

Working...
                      X