No announcement yet.

Broner is prob killing himself for not accepting 40 mil from Jay-z

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    i don't see how that offer could be legit. cotto got 40 million but most of that money is not from his fight purses. he only made 2 million vs geale and ward reportedly made around 1 million for the smith fight. i don't think broner does anything outside the ring except steal old lady's purses but that's not a great money making venture unless she just withdrew her life savings.
    Ward made $2m. Thats why the premium networks wouldnt touch it.

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
      It was the smart move. He can make way more than that on his own.

Past few fights:

-Couple million dollars total.
      -Loses to Porter.
      ?????
      -Billion dollars.

Seems pretty simple to get to a billion.
      looool i wish i could green k u again.

Comment

he bet on himself and lost ... **** happens

Originally posted by bigtyivier2k2 View Post
        He's done. I was telling my friends last night (they all picked broner to win) that we were made to think Broner is good. All Broner has is handspeed and a few combos. He has terrible defense, no backfoot game, not good power at this weight. He looked good when he was being brought up because he was always the much bigger fighter then his opponents at 130,135.

At 147 he barely beat Paulie in an even fight, stepped up to Maidana and got killed then looked terrible against carlos molina and emmanuel taylor.

I told my friends that most 140 and 147'ers will beat broner.

at 147

Floyd, pac, bradley, brook, khan, thurman, spence, porter all beat him easily

at 140
        crawford eats him, mattysse and postol knock him out, danny garcia would beat him (at 140 or 147), peterson beats him, once verdejo moves up he beats him as well.

Broner will be the new Berto. Thank god this hype train is over. His record will have 5 loses if he steps up 3 more times.
        It's not like Jay-Z was just going to cut him the $40m on signing day; the deal would've likely been spread out over five years, with a certain part of the total payout allotted to each fight. Any type of loss would've derailed that deal, too.

Simply put, Broner needs to put the work in to campaign at 140. If he can settle in there, he can make a career for himself (even in the beating he took against Maidana, he made it the full twelve; can't really call him a punk).

Broner still beats every fighter at 140 sans "Bud' Crawford.

Comment

Broner is as done as a used condom.It's clear the beatdown that Maidana gave him left gun shy lest he get hit again.A bit like Hector Camacho after his fight with Rosario.But then again, Broner's not and will never be in his league anyway.

Comment

Grown men worrying about another grown man's pockets...

Jay z was once a Haymon client. Haymon. Got more money.

Comment

Originally posted by Fantasiabruja View Post
              Hopefully he goes away quietly and we don't hear from him again.lol
              Expect to see Broner back on a PBC card against a Molina type opponent

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                Ward made $2m. Thats why the premium networks wouldnt touch it.
                and that's why he will never get a ggg fight. he makes more than ggg yet he can't draw at all and fights on BET. its not a ppv fight so how in the world are they goign to come up with enough money to pay ward at least 2 million and ggg at least 2 million or more. he could fight kovalev since kovalev isn't a draw either but something tells me he's happy with his 2 million minimums. why fight kovalev for 2 million when you can fight paul smith for 2 million. boxing!

Comment

Broner's marketability is his only redeeming factor. His classless arrogant persona gets people tuning in just to see him getting owned. Until he is well and truly humbled he'll probably continue to make money around 140-147.

Comment

Originally posted by Townes View Post
                    His classless arrogant persona gets people tuning in just to see him getting owned.
                    I don't enjoy watching cheaters, like Broner, holding, grabbing, straight arming and using their forearm, when their opponent is fighting within the rules. People in the crowd were booing.

I want to watch boxers using boxing skills (defensive, counter punching, timing, footwork, etc..,). The constant ref breaking up the action and giving penalty points disrupts the flow of a good fight. I think fans would catch on and lose interest in Broner, whose tactics are tiring to watch.
                    Last edited by marvin8; 06-22-2015, 10:43 AM.

Comment

To beat Broner you gotta be Broner. Only a fighter with similar persona can humble him after being victorious over him. The type of fighter who would talk trash before, during, and after the fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X