Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andrade: I Want Golovkin Next, To Prove I'm #1 at Middleweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sweet_Science2 View Post
    It must be tough being a lil g fan. Andrade has a belt right now. Canelo is fighting in May. And the other alternative would be fighting Charlo.

Let me guess Andrade hasn't earned a lil g fight? He needs to have a belt? Oh wait. Lol I new the hype would get exposed.

Here we have a legit mw calling out lil g and none of his groupies have shyt to say. I love it
    You really believe the guy who went life and death with Vanes is gonna beat GGG?

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post
      Maybe your right,Andrade is by far his safest bet since he is the weakest puncher at mw out of the names,& Brant has too much volume & stamina for ggg to risk it. Funny how the supposed boogieman of mw hasn't been heard from in mos after his 1st loss. If ggg doesn't face anyone good next,his career will be remembered as a unfulfilled promise with no substance.

folks have been saying that for awhile now

but yea, it will be especially noticeable..... what with Canelo beating Golovkin, and then selecting Jacobs

it took Golovkin 12 years at middleweight to make fights like that..... it took Canelo 12 months

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet_Science2 View Post
        It must be tough being a lil g fan. Andrade has a belt right now. Canelo is fighting in May. And the other alternative would be fighting Charlo.

Let me guess Andrade hasn't earned a lil g fight? He needs to have a belt? Oh wait. Lol I new the hype would get exposed.

Here we have a legit mw calling out lil g and none of his groupies have shyt to say. I love it

Comment

Originally posted by AdonisCreed View Post
          I think GGG is either going to wait until Canelo is free or fight a scrub until then. I don't know if he'll take a risky fight that'll will possibly ruin the Canelo trilogy.

but Golovkin just passed on that fight

Gomez contacted Golovkin who said he is not interested

and before that, Golovkin refused to fight a shortcut to Canelo, in Charlo..... they said that fight made "no sense"

I don't think they are interested in Canelo, which leaves?

I don't think Golovkin fans should spend too much time criticizing other fighters resume in the next few weeks, especially before he selects his next opponent

Comment

Originally posted by DeeMoney View Post
            I am a GGG fan, not to the extent where I think he is Marvin Hagler or anything like that, but I have always enjoyed his fights and believe him to be one of the best fighters of the past decade. He's fun to watch fight, and even in his mid 30s took a prime Canelo to a disputed draw and a razor thin SD. In essence he has shown that at this stage of his career he is on par to Canelo in his athletic prime- which says a lot because Alvarez is a great fighter too.

I don't know why you would gain any Schadenfreude based joy from fans of a certain fighter not talking about a given fighter, but I'd always like to talk about him.

Personally, I think he should probably consider retiring; he'll be 37 soon and thats a lot older than most people in his weight class continue at a high level. Though he may not have the in the ring miles on him as others there is no beating father time.

that is not what that means at all

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
              You never seen me say he's no good. In fact he's still in my top 5 P4P.

I just didnt like his sht talk last time. 90% of his fans And how he made the fight so difficult to make. I mean Ocscar gave him a very fair offer and a deadline. They laughed at both Oscar and Canelo and basically said you aint running sht. I could of done without all that and the KTFO talk. Ive never seen him or his camp do that drama sht before. Oscar and Canelo bent over sideways and backwards to make the fight. Even looked like ass clowns bending over.

I just think ggg now needs get a belt and give us a trilogy without all the holleren and BS tough guy act.

I rate Golovkin P4P, but not highly

P4P is about who beats who, based on style/skills/form

well, like I have been saying for years, Golovkin avoided mover/spoilers..... the antidote to power is movement/timing, we have known that for years, more than a century..... and I have Sanchez on record admitting that Golovkin is not the same fighter unless his opponent stands in front of him

by avoiding that style, they alter the fans perception..... which is why some insiders (possibly correctly) insist on factoring resume into P4P, when in theory a rookie can beat a veteran..... so it more comes down to style..... but, Golovkin does not have a great resume anyway

I rate him because is devastating against fighters who are not truly world-class, or static, but we don't know how he would cope with elite fighters..... guys with skills like Crawford Lomachenko Ward, or even Lara Saunders Andrade, level guys

Comment

Originally posted by BeLikeWater View Post
                Both ggg and canelo are proven champs. But we cannot even consider Andrade or Charlo to be in the same level. Their resumes lack big league ..

these are the notable wins on Golovkin's resume.....

Lemieux
                Jacobs *

Comment

Looking at GGG history i doubt he takea this fight smh

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                    that is not what that means at all
                    I think with the limited sample sizes we are granted, the 24 rounds we have is good enough to show that. But I guess we disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                      folks have been saying that for awhile now

but yea, it will be especially noticeable..... what with Canelo beating Golovkin, and then selecting Jacobs

it took Golovkin 12 years at middleweight to make fights like that..... it took Canelo 12 months
                      Alot of ppl forget Canelo was signed to fight Paul Williams after the Mosely fight. It was a done deal for PPV Sept. 15th 2012 in Vegas. But Williams had an unfortunate accident 5 days after they signed to fight...

See that's why Im a Canelo fan. He makes fight happen. Jacobs/GGG was postponed over like $500k. And the Saunders fight didnt happen over money also. Fuk Oscar had to give GGG some insane money and RAISE the offer again to get Mr Buisness in the ring.

I used to think Eubank didnt happen because of him but now Im thinking they probably tried ripping him off as well.

GGG /Chavez was agreed upon then AFTER the fight signed they decided to add the 2 mil weight penalty per lb. And not before. Then Bob Arum REALLY killed the fight by cutting his orginal pay in half.

GGG always about the $$$ and more $$$$ lower the risk better for him. Sergiy was down to fight for Vanes money. He ducked that fight.
                      Last edited by Shadoww702; 01-21-2019, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X