Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Why Are So Many Boxing Fans Still Drawn To Adrien Broner?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for the same reason people slow down and stare at accidents/victims as they drive by

Comment

Yeah, and we keep enabling him in his tyrant behavior as he remains unquestionanable, unanswerable, and problematic in and out of the ring. Broner needs change.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
        Yeah, this younger generation is full of some degenerates man, kids laughing over insulting people less fortunate or the elderly and disabled.

Didnt Broner sucker punched some older lady for knockout game laughs and nearly went to prison for fifty years. Or it was one of his boys he was like 19 or 20 at the time.
        I thought it was a purse stealing assault not the knockout game. But I've never really heard that story from Broner's side so idk wtf he was doing there.

Comment

It’s easy why.

1. he has great skills and ability and burst on the scene with a fury.

2. he is brash, arrogant and outlandish both inside and outside of the ring.

3. he attracted fans of his ability but other people want to see him get beat because he is arrogant.

4. he had his comeuppance when he got beat, so his fans take it as a wake-up call and others say it was well deserved and overdue.

5. Now his fans want him to redeem himself with a victory, and the others want to see him get destroyed by all around good-guy manny Pac.

Redemption is the hallmark of every great sports story. And if he can redeem himself, he will have even more fans and a lot more haters.

So like him or hate him, boxing fans will tune in to watch him.
          Last edited by marvin douglas; 01-18-2019, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Because he is the next fighter of the decade. I’m sure I heard that somewhere..

Comment

Originally posted by pedrito View Post
              People just can't wait to see another Maidana done to him.

That was epic.

Search "boxing fraud exposed" on google or youtube and you'll see Broner.
              Madonna won a unanimous decision, pac damn near got killed by jmm and spit upon. THAT WAS WORSE

Comment

Originally posted by marzblkman View Post
                If you really believe that then why was the Granados fight NOT a sellout in his hometown?
                THERE ARE FACTS, ATTENDANCE, VEIWERSHIP, ENDORSEMENTS...........SOME OF YOU HATE BECAUSE THATS HOW YOUR PARENTS RAISED YOU, ON HATE. DONT WORRY THE REAL WAR IS COMING. protect your daughters. some of us have beeeeeeeeeen waiting for these people.

Comment

Originally posted by marvin douglas View Post
                  It’s easy why.

1. he has great skills and ability and burst on the scene with a fury.

2. he is brash, arrogant and outlandish both inside and outside of the ring.

3. he attracted fans of his ability but other people want to see him get beat because he is arrogant.

4. he had his comeuppance when he got beat, so his fans take it as a wake-up call and others say it was well deserved and overdue.

5. Now his fans want him to redeem himself with a victory, and the others want to see him get destroyed by all around good-guy manny Pac.

Redemption is the hallmark of every great sports story. And if he can redeem himself, he will have even more fans and a lot more haters.

So like him or hate him, boxing fans will tune in to watch him.
                  100% he’s a loveable clown and when he lets his hands go he’s class

He’s not perfect but who is

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    What charity is he operating with or for in Vegas? I'm in Vegas & I've never heard or seen of any story or w/e of him out here doing charity stuff. And honestly I'd assume he'd be doing charity work in OH if he was doing it.

I do see & hear about Floyd stuff all the time, but one would assume Floyd is better at getting the word out to to be more cynical about "charity" work.
                    The local YMCA's . Ive seen him buy a bunch of shoes to kids and food.

He spends a lot of time encouraging them to stay out of trouble, work hard and be respectful....

What side of Vegas you from?? I went to Garside then Wood.

HS was Chap, then Valley.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
                      I think thats a bit insulting to Khan.

what is Broners best win? getting a close decision agaisnt Ponce de Leon? alot of people thought he lost that.

Khan dropped and came close to stopping Maidana in 1 round, Broner got dropped twice and got humiliated.

Khan stopped Paulie. Broner got a gift SD agaisnt Paulie

Khan got robbed agaisnt a juiced up Lamont Peterson

Jessie Vargas and Adrian Granados got robbed agaisnt Broner.

I dont think they are comparable in any way. Khan was a legit champ, Broner was a hypejob who got gifted vacant belts and when it was time for him to prove he was legit....he was exposed and humiliated.
                      I see your point. I am not comparing wins but in how they stay popular when they can't win the big one. They are in exciting fight but there are better fighters that don't get paid as much as these two guys

Comment

Working...
                      X