Santa Cruz's father excuses for not facing Guillermo Rigondeaux

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Santa Cruz's father excuses for not facing Guillermo Rigondeaux

https://youtu.be/qIRsBGL4BpE

Excuses? I heard him stating nothing but facts. Rigondeaux's last fight was a slap in the face to boxing as a sport.

Comment

'My son, well he simply doesn't know how to go about cutting off the ring. Rigondeaux will box and move, dominate and abuse him. No fight.'

Comment

Originally posted by el_locoteee View Post
        wow what a weak ass excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Brujeria View Post
          Excuses? I heard him stating nothing but facts. Rigondeaux's last fight was a slap in the face to boxing as a sport.
          Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
          wow what a weak ass excuse.
          Honestly, I believe what the man is saying. I don't agree that Rigo is afraid to fight and only tees off on weak opposition. He mixed it up pretty good with Donaire in the early rounds of their fight. But everything else was pretty much the truth. Strangely, Guillermo won't necessarily beat up on softies. That last fight was an abomination. The man is right. Who the fuck wants to see that shit?

Leo's dad expressed his fear that his son could lose by two punches. I don't necessarily agree there either, but I know what he means. If those two never meet, I don't blame the Santa Cruz camp. I blame Rigo. He better pick it up, 'cause that career is gonna be over sooner rather than later.

Comment

Doesn't really matter what Leo's dad says. We all know the decision comes down to Haymon. And no way will Haymon put Leo against Rigo. A case of too much risk too little reward.

Comment

Originally posted by jrrod02 View Post
              Doesn't really matter what Leo's dad says. We all know the decision comes down to Haymon. And no way will Haymon put Leo against Rigo. A case of too much risk too little reward.
              Well, we're discussing the contents of the interview, not whether the fight would happen.

Comment

He's saying the exact same thing everyone else says. Rigo needs to focus on getting his belt back from Donaire.

Comment

My beef with this whole issue is, if LSC was not a champion and just an up and coming prospect, than what LSC's dad says is the truth but LSC is a World Champ. TO me a great fighter can and will fight all styles. Had it been my son, instead of him fighting Mexican day laborers with the same technique and size, I wouldve tuned him up against guys similar to Rigo in size and technique. Than when hes ready, take the risk. No shame in losing to Rigo, just move up and move on if so.

Comment

He's basically decribing his son when he talks about fighting soft opposition and making
                    Santa Cruz seem like a beast. Did he forget about Santa Cruz mighty title defenses?? How he fought his sparring partners on PPV?? **** out of here viejo comemierda

Rigo embarrasses Santa Cruz. Making excuses like this just make you sound like a idiot and his son will be fed to Gary Russell soon but most likely Santa Cruz will give Jhonny Gonzalez and Jorge Arce title shots in 2016 what a warrior

Comment

Working...
                    X