Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Crawford reach the top 100 ATG list?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
    Do you think Crawford could be considered a top 100 ATG by the time he retires? Say he beats Mikey Garcia, Thurman, Spence, and then wins a title at 154. Would that be enough?
    There is a good chance he gets put to sleep by bum Jim Horn....

Comment

Crawford is off to a damn good start. 2 division champ and only the 2nd fighter in history to hold all 4 major world titles. He becomes undisputed at 147 itd be hard for me to hear anyones argument why he wouldn't be in the top 100...

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
        thats great

lemme know when all them fights get made

you are the one that said he needs to beat all those guys to become an ATG

it wont happen

haymon knows what we know....you dont have to be undisputed to make money or for it to matter.....crawford can be undisputed but hes not anymore known than all 4 of them guys you listed

haymon can take his 4 guys and prob make good fights for the next 2-3 years.....what can crawford do? he needs to move up to take himself to the next level.......its bobs problem that the power balance at 147 isnt in his favor....if it were he'd freeze out any one of als guys because he could
        I really don't understand this casual fanboyism over promoters, but if that's how you roll then more power to you. I am a boxing fan, I don't root for or against promoters. I just want to see good fights.

But to your point, none of Haymon's fighters are making more than Crawford either. So, they may be better protected and Haymon may not want to risk those titles by unifying, but they aren't getting any richer.

Crawford CAN be an ATG, and if Spence, Thurman, Garcia insist on fighting him, then something will be worked out. Arum and Haymon have already worked together, so there is no reason why they cannot do it again.

Comment

Crawford projects to be one of the 100 greatest ever. Crawford has the skill and talent to be a top 100 ATG but will likely not have the resume because he is with Bob and Bob will not let him fight the best fighters since they are with other promoters.

Comment

he has to fight someone with a pulse first. and no, them scrubs at junior welterweight didnt count.

Comment

Originally posted by Geralt69 View Post
              There is a good chance he gets put to sleep by bum Jim Horn....
              Good chance is only a hail Mary lucky shot lol.

TC could beat a few in that top 100 right now, he is a very good elite fighter that's still rising.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                I really don't understand this casual fanboyism over promoters, but if that's how you roll then more power to you. I am a boxing fan, I don't root for or against promoters. I just want to see good fights.

But to your point, none of Haymon's fighters are making more than Crawford either. So, they may be better protected and Haymon may not want to risk those titles by unifying, but they aren't getting any richer.

Crawford CAN be an ATG, and if Spence, Thurman, Garcia insist on fighting him, then something will be worked out. Arum and Haymon have already worked together, so there is no reason why they cannot do it again.
                im one of the last guys you need to talk to about being a boxing fan .....i dont root for promoters

but day in and day out you see tons of guys bashing haymon or anyone that has anything to do with him simply because of his association with floyd

im guessing you prob arent any different than most of those guys

with porter, spence, thurman and garcia all in the fold haymon can do a few fights before he'd have to even consider offering anyone up to crawford....and with thurman taking it slow coming back from surgery it will push it back even further....

maybe al might dangle crawford some 147 chum....if arum had the stable of guys haymon does at 147 or around it you can be sure none of those guys would see another fight against a guy outside of his banner

Comment

There isn't any great all purpose 100 greatest list. Almost nobody even has such a list. Do you actually have a 100 greatest boxers of all time list written down somewhere all in order from the greatest to the 100th greatest? I'll bet you don't have such a list because almost nobody really has a list like that. If you ask someone where a great boxer ranks among the all time greats they may give you a number but they are just guessing because they have no list. Some guys might have a 10 greatest boxers of all time list but that is as long as most lists ever get. One thing is certain and that is no 2 lists of the greatest 100 boxers of all time will ever be the same because such lists are based on personal opinion and no 2 boxing fans or boxing writers have exactly the same opinion. Crawford is one of the best boxers fighting today so you could just let it go at that.

Comment

Do you think Crawford could be considered a top 100 ATG by the time he retires? Say he beats Mikey Garcia, Thurman, Spence, and then wins a title at 154. Would that be enough?
                    If he unifies all 4 titles + lineal vs. Spence after Spence whoops Thurman, he'll be there already.

That would give him 3 lineal titles (one in each division he's fought in) and 2 undisputed titles. That's top 100 by itself. 154 lbs would take him into the top 50.

Comment

If he did that he'd be a top 10 p4p ATG.

He's gonna be up against guys his own size at 147.
                      That is fight night weight 155/160ish.

Hell, both Spence and Peterson were 165+.

I doubt Bud can get through that especially considering the politics.

He'll be lucky to get Horn, old Pac, and out of retirement Marquez/Bradley.

Comment

Working...
                      X