No announcement yet.

winner of usyk vs gassiev P4P #1?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SAINTSTEVE View Post
    Moving up in weight in pursuit of bigger fights is potentially a better indicator of greatness than staying at one weight and collecting all the titles there. Usyk has stated an intention to move to heavyweight eventually and if he could do that successfully, then that would demonstrate major pound for pound value.
    I agree to an extent, but no-one can convince me that being a multiple weight champion in 3 divisions separated by 8 pounds can be compared to having to move up a division and put on another 30 pounds to compete. The human body can only put on so much muscle in a period of time

Comment

Originally posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
      I agree to an extent, but no-one can convince me that being a multiple weight champion in 3 divisions separated by 8 pounds can be compared to having to move up a division and put on another 30 pounds to compete. The human body can only put on so much muscle in a period of time
      The larger you are the less significant 8 lbs is proportionally. I mean 8lbs increase means more to a 115lb man than to a 175lb man. And we've seen boxers move up to heavyweight before so it wouldn't be unprecedented.
      Last edited by SAINTSTEVE; 02-05-2018, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SAINTSTEVE View Post
        The larger you are the less significant 8 lbs is proportionally. I mean 8lbs increase means more to a 115lb man than to a 175lb man.
        Yeah, obviously.

but asking a 112 pound man to put on 6 pounds of muscle (5.3% of his bodyweight = 3 divisions, 112, 115, 118) is not comparable to a 175'er putting on 25 pounds (14% of bodyweight) to fight at CW, and CW to HW is just as bad or worse considering some guys go to 260 and above.

Not to mention, the human body and its limitations as for how gaining lean muscle is concerned. The lower divisions are only plentiful because it means more sanctioning fees and it's easier for promoters to promote midgets when they can say "39 weight champion".

Comment

I think all the heavier weights should shift upward to account for modern super-heavweights. For example 168>170, 175>180, 200>205 or 210.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
            definitely no .

p4p is about being the best

not winning a tournament

loma is being ducked by or has beaten best fighters in his division, same with crawford but because they didnt do it in a tournament format they shouldnt be number 1 over wbss winner?

besides, middleweight and light heavyweight are the best divisions in boxing anyway
            u lost me there. a tournament is designed specifically to determine whos the best. andre ward didn't get P4P recognition until he won the super six. and crawfords resume is overrated AF. danny garcia had a better run at 140 and was never considered for P4P. yea bud became undisputed in a trash division. cruiser is way deeper than 140 by a mile.

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
              Can't really argue with that. Wouldn't be much separating the top 4 either
              The person with the best wins should be p4p 1

Comment

Eh, I dont think so. To be honest with you the best fighters barring a few outliers have always been 160 down. They are both very good fighters and I take nothing from them but its hard to carry more than 160ish pounds and have the hand speed/foot speed and technical abilities that alot of the guys in lower weights face all the time. There have been exceptions of course.

<--- This guy is example number one.

Comment

Wtf lol pfp 1 my azz. That’s not how it works.

Comment

I would say somewhere in the top 5.

Comment

The winner is top 3 for sure. This isn't just unification. It's a very hard unification tourney.

Comment

Working...
                      X