Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How far could Tyson have gone if he had not fired Rooney?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How far could Tyson have gone if he had not fired Rooney?

Topic????????

Probably would have avoided jail and knock out Douglas. He probably would have cleaned out the division of Bowe and Lewis just my 2 cents. Iron Mike was focus like a last beam under Rooney once he went to King his skills diminished

Comment

The main issue was losing Cus. Had he lived another 10 Years Tyson would have been beyond special.

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
        Probably would have avoided jail and knock out Douglas. He probably would have cleaned out the division of Bowe and Lewis just my 2 cents. Iron Mike was focus like a last beam under Rooney once he went to King his skills diminished
        He would have got Douglas and probably Lewis at that point in his career but the early Bowe would have been a tall order for him and he would have lost to Holyfield at any point in there careers imo.

Comment

The problem was not losing Rooney. The problem was finding easy women exclusively interested in his money, and falling in Don King's trap.

To this day I believe that King was the architect behind Tyson's imprisonment. Do you have an idea about how much money DK made with all that "He's Back" bull****?

Having said that, I think that at one point in a fighter's career at that level a defeat is inevitable. Against who, that is to be debated.

But when I see Tyson's monster right against Etienne, or his annihilation of Savarese, or even the early parts of the Danny Williams fight (all three fights occurred when Iron Mike was near-finished) I still can see that he was special.
          Last edited by Tatabanya; 01-12-2018, 12:31 AM.

Comment

He isn’t getting past Holyfield in 1990. FACT

Comment

A disciplined Tyson would not have gone gung-ho looking for an early knockout as he did in the second part of his career. He would have boxed, too, as he did with Tony Tucker.

That way, wins against Holyfield, Bowe and Lewis would definitely have been a possibility.

The post-prison Tyson was just a shell of his early version.

Comment

Dude stopped moving his head right after rooney left

Comment

rooney took him as far as he could go. competition caught up with mike.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Beamish View Post
                    Dude stopped moving his head right after rooney left
                    Yeah the drop off rate is near instant...He really needed that team. He still had the ability and the tools, just no one to focus them in for him, seeing as he couldn’t do it himself.

Had Cus not died until the 90’s and he never got rid of Kevin, Mike would have been seriously good. He’d have beat Buster, avoided King and therefore the position to find himself in trouble etc etc...

His career would have kept building that way it was, and his first huge test would have been Holyfield in the very early 90’s (90-92) most likely.

But it’s all ‘what ifs’ and ‘maybes’ instead...shame. Young Mike was on his way like something not seen before in the sport really, his rapid fade is sad.

Comment

Working...
                    X