Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hectari View Post
    New To The Rumor Mill: Dana White To Align With Al Haymon In Boxing Sphere

http://nyfights.com/fight-news-nyf/n...boxing-sphere/
    Ahh so that is what Rigo was doing against Loma. He was trying to get Dana's and Al's attention. Rigo joining UFC

Comment

Originally posted by strykr619 View Post
      So says a guy who would get his arm snapped off in a sec by any journeyman judoka or bjj practitioner.

GTFO with that nonsense. I would double leg and smash any boxer if they wanted to get into an mma match (haven't wrestled since college but I still do mat work and newaza weekly).
      you a Judo player

Comment

keep this thread alive

This is what i think will happen, Dana White had nothing but praise for Al Haymon and said the man was brilliant and easy to negotiate with, white and zuffa will act as the lead promoters and buy out pbc, and fighters contracts,they will create their own belt the pbc belt and force the best to fight the best they will build up amateurs into house hold names just like how ufc built up nobodies into stars in ufc

This is going to help them land a massive tv deal, ufc is looking for a super huge tv deal after the fox deal is up, not only will they have ufc to offer they will have boxing and pbc, its the best move dana can make to get into boxing. He will have all the haymon fighters under his banner.

Dana doesnt need stars he will create them, that guy is the best hype man, look how he did for ronda rousey.

Look for dana white to go after manny pacquiao in december when his contract expires

I have a thread called Zuffa boxing which network for their tv deal. And last year I think you were right on the money. except that I don't think Zuffa will buy out pbc 100% I think it would be more like a joint venture like AL had with Live nation. The reason I am bringing this up now is because if they offered mikey Garcia a deal They would need a platform to show him on. One that can build his brand more than showtime. I think its either espn or fox

Comment

Originally posted by RedZmaja View Post
          He didn't do anything for Ronda Rousey. Dana White didn't even want women fighting in the UFC. He only picked Ronda when she already had a lot of hype behind her in Strikeforce. They didn't really do anything special to promote her, they just gave her a platform and all the American soccer moms and feminists followed her. Ronda was more of a creation of American media than the UFC.

Conor McGregor pretty much created himself too.

Before Conor and Ronda the UFC had zero stars in 2014. Just like they don't have any new stars right now.

The reason why UFC is popular is because they sold the fans the notion that those are the best fighters in the world fighting each other. He wouldn't be able to sell that in boxing if he staged some in-house PBC tournaments with fake belts when you would have Joshua, Canelo, Loma etc. fighting elsewhere.

coincidentally this is what we've seen with stars like deontay wilder and Errol spence they both did media runs with outlets like the Breakfast club and other places where Al has some influence
          Plus its 2018 and its strap season which means haymon is sending his guys out to get belts from champions not involved with him

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
            There is a big difference between Haymon and White. Haymon gets top dollar for his boxers while White runs a dictatorship and bosses his fighters around and pays them very little. He runs the UFC completely and it's his way or the highway. That won't work at all with boxers who are used to being well pay, calling their own shots and keeping most of the money they make. Haymon's fighters rarely fight the best. Sometimes they do but often they don't. Do Wilder and Danny Garcia fight the best every time they fight? I don't think so. White isn't going to take over boxing and make the best fight the best for peanuts like he does in his UFC monopoly. That just isn't going to happen. Boxers are too used to making good money and calling their own shots. They won't stand for being bossed around and paid much less the way White does his UFC fighters.

Fair point and I think this is part of Haymons long term goal. He and Mayweather wanted to get into the mma business back in 2013-14. Plus UFC fighters are complaining about pay with Haymon going to be working with Endeavor they would have a person to go to. Making room for him to be over UFC fighters

Comment

swagger maker

Hater, dana white is the best hype man stop hating, he took ronda to the next level, the ufc brand made ronda and conor without it they wouldnt be stars
              Great thread Mate!!!! still holds up one year later.
              Another great thing about Dana white is because he has actual knowledge about the sport hes able to hype up guys who are competitive but don't have a name, brand, style, or charisma about themselves into interesting characters. Just call dana white the swagger maker

Comment

Originally posted by lanker rom View Post
                I have a thread called Zuffa boxing which network for their tv deal. And last year I think you were right on the money. except that I don't think Zuffa will buy out pbc 100% I think it would be more like a joint venture like AL had with Live nation. The reason I am bringing this up now is because if they offered mikey Garcia a deal They would need a platform to show him on. One that can build his brand more than showtime. I think its either espn or fox
                Think its more likely Mikey goes with the Hearn/DAZN thing now

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
                  Think its more likely Mikey goes with the Hearn/DAZN thing now
                  nah b mikey Garcia hasn't stop repping the zuffa/ufc gear since march check esnews

Comment

Originally posted by lanker rom View Post
                    nah b mikey Garcia hasn't stop repping the zuffa/ufc gear since march check esnews
                    Things change https://youtu.be/WHPJOI8aFjA

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
                      This is more recent you can be the judge though.
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBNorRFWvKQ

Comment

Working...
                      X