Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

will naoya inoue fall victim to the donaire curse?????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
    It's a fracture, not a break. Big difference.

Kell Brook, Margarito, etc. had broken orbital bones.

Inoue's has two fractures. That's common.

Technically it's the same thing.

Fractures are breaks.

It's just the degree of the break that matters. Hairline, a clean break, a compound break.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
      uh what?

That's a massive jump from bantam to lightweight for a guy even smaller than Donaire.

There's absolutely no reason for Inoue to be fighting Lomachenko at the moment.

Naoya could easily fight Oubaali while Casimero fights Zolani. The winner of those two, fight to unify the division

Then there's super bantam, featherweight, super feather.
      inoue is already destined to lose not necessarily against lomachenko but I expect someone else at 118 to 122. inoue is cursed now.he has one or two good fights left before he falls victim to the donaire curse and retires early.this curse is factually proven truth by history.

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
        inoue is already destined to lose not necessarily against lomachenko but I expect someone else at 118 to 122. inoue is cursed now.he has one or two good fights left before he falls victim to the donaire curse and retires early.this curse is factually proven truth by history.

lmao, I am not sure about cursed but he could very well lose to someone on the way up.

It even happened to Donaire. So Inoue can easily lose moving up weight classes.

Specially for the Japanese boxers. They have problems with that. Idk if it's their coaching or what but they tend to have issues when they go out of their comfort zone and try fighting higher weights as if they were still in the lower weight class.

Comment

Originally posted by tritium_arma View Post
          Can’t believe it’s been nearly 3 years since Walters last fought.
          the donaire curse is real and inoue is next. if not for the curse, rigo would have been a star, walters would still be fighting and winning, frampton would be champ again and rematching santa, etc etc. I wonder what career inoue could have had if not for the donaire curse.

Comment

lmao, I am not sure about cursed but he could very well lose to someone on the way up.

It even happened to Donaire. So Inoue can easily lose moving up weight classes.

Specially for the Japanese boxers. They have problems with that. Idk if it's their coaching or what but they tend to have issues when they go out of their comfort zone and try fighting higher weights as if they were still in the lower weight class.
            I'm thinking he wins 118 WBC belt next by UD and afterwards gets badly beaten or outboxed by tete. big upset loss and he returns to japan into obscurity. only to return over a year later to have a less than stellar tune up.by this point top rank let's him go.

Comment

Technically it's the same thing.

Fractures are breaks.

It's just the degree of the break that matters. Hairline, a clean break, a compound break.
              Clearly you know what I meant, or wouldn't have said "technically"

Yeah, levels to this. But from the sounds of it, it was just a slight fracture. Not shattered like Brook or Margarito.

Comment

uh what?

That's a massive jump from bantam to lightweight for a guy even smaller than Donaire.

There's absolutely no reason for Inoue to be fighting Lomachenko at the moment.

Naoya could easily fight Oubaali while Casimero fights Zolani. The winner of those two, fight to unify the division

Then there's super bantam, featherweight, super feather. Lomachenko shouldn't even be mentioned for him ever.
                I was making a joke, since two of his four examples of the curse involved Lomachenko.

Which means it could just have easily been the Lomachenko Curse lol. Especially since the third example was Rigo.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                  I was making a joke, since two of his four examples of the curse involved Lomachenko.

Which means it could just have easily been the Lomachenko Curse lol. Especially since the third example was Rigo.
                  this is exactly what i was thinking. loma is the man, the curse does not exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                    this is exactly what i was thinking. loma is the man, the curse does not exist.
                    and magdaleno? frampton? rigo going into obscurity and being shunned after beating donaire was his curse.rigo should have been a star but the donaire curse prevented that. losing badly to loma was just extra. donaire curse strikes in different ways.
                    Last edited by Divine Hammer; 11-09-2019, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
                      and magdaleno? frampton? rigo going into obscurity and being shunned was his curse. losing badly to loma was just extra. donaire curse strikes in different ways.
                      so, loma just does the dirty work at the tail end of the curse being cast. now i understand, and curses do strike in different ways, and some happen instantly, others take time to come to fruition.

makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                      X