OFFICIAL: Donald Trump thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
      California actually doesnt have that big a debt.

I think at its highest point it was $131 billion back during the recession.

California just makes too much money.

$3 trillion gdp per year.

Not only do they have a large economy but they tax high too.

California actually runs surplus recent years.

California is one of the few states that has good bond credit rating.

California and Kansas I believe.
      Um, no.

You cant have a surplus when you have unfunded liabilities.

Which begs the question, if they are doing so well, why cant they pay their bills?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
        Um, no.

Which begs the question, if they are doing so well, why cant they pay their bills?
        What is one to do when the cost of surfboard wax goes up? Some bills, obviously, must remain unpaid...…..Rockin'

Comment

California actually doesnt have that big a debt.

I think at its highest point it was $131 billion back during the recession.

California just makes too much money.

$3 trillion gdp per year.

Not only do they have a large economy but they tax high too.

California actually runs surplus recent years.

California is one of the few states that has good bond credit rating.

California and Kansas I believe.
          Heres some info.
          https://www.statedatalab.org/state_d...ail/california
          https://www.forbes.com/sites/patrick.../#7d054c8d37b5
          https://californiapolicycenter.org/c...-5-trillion-2/

Comment

• Comment

Um, no.

That is like the surplus the have in NY from time to time. It is money they haven't paid out that fiscal year. As soon as they make the payments they are back in the hole.

Comment

• I've read different as far as state budget.

Maybe the figures are off when you start factoring city and county govt as well.

A lot of california cities and counties went bankrupt.

But I remember California had several years of surplus.

It was big news.

Those idiots didnt know what to do with the money.

They ended up wasting it on stupid crap like $100s of millions on anti smoking commercials or some crap.

Comment

I've read different as far as state budget.

Maybe the figures are off when you start factoring city and county govt as well.

A lot of california cities and counties went bankrupt.

But I remember California had several years of surplus.

It was big news.

Those idiots didnt know what to do with the money.

They ended up wasting it on stupid crap like $100s of millions on anti smoking commercials or some crap.
                  Again, that is false.

Yes, the lifer politicians may have said they had a surplus, but as we all know, lifer politicians lie constantly.

They used accounting gimmicks that would get private sector CEOs thrown in prison to make the false claim they had a surplus.

True story...
                  Awhile back my coworker Steve came to me with a problem. Steve was short money that month and didn't know what to do. I told Steve that if he had a good payment history, he could call the bank that he was paying his vehicle note on and ask them to let him slide on that month's payment and roll it to the backend of the loan.

Sure enough, Steve did just that.

Steve was not running around bragging about this massive surplus he had that month, because Steve isnt a stupid liberal.

See, CA still owes that money (iirc the biggest unfunded liabilities are State workers pensions). They just quit paying on it in order to cook the books.

Only those ignorant of the most basic of Economics fell for the lie that CA has any kind of surplus whatsoever.

Comment

• President Trump slammed Chicago’s police superintendent for skipping his speech in protest at the International Association of Chiefs of Police conference in the city.

“There is one person that’s not here today. I said, ‘Where is he, I want to talk to him.’ In fact, more than anyone else, this person should be here because maybe he could learn something. And that’s the superintendent of Chicago, police chief Eddie Johnson,” the president said in the Windy City.

“A few days ago, Johnson said, quote, ‘The values of the people of Chicago are more important than anything President Trump could have decided.’ I don’t think so. Because it’s a very insulting statement,” Trump told the crowd, who’d been fired up as “Macho Man” blared from the McCormick Place ballroom speakers just before he spoke.

“After all I’ve done, and I’ve done more than any other president. Here’s a man that could not bother to show up for a meeting of police chiefs, the most respected people, in his hometown. And with the president of the United States.”

Comment

Again, that is false.

Yes, the lifer politicians may have said they had a surplus, but as we all know, lifer politicians lie constantly.

They used accounting gimmicks that would get private sector CEOs thrown in prison to make the false claim they had a surplus.

True story...
                      Awhile back my coworker Steve came to me with a problem. Steve was short money that month and didn't know what to do. I told Steve that if he had a good payment history, he could call the bank that he was paying his vehicle note on and ask them to let him slide on that month's payment and roll it to the backend of the loan.

Sure enough, Steve did just that.

Steve was not running around bragging about this massive surplus he had that month, because Steve isnt a stupid liberal.

See, CA still owes that money (iirc the biggest unfunded liabilities are State workers pensions). They just quit paying on it in order to cook the books.

Only those ignorant of the most basic of Economics fell for the lie that CA has any kind of surplus whatsoever.
                      I dunno. I read it all the time.

Obviously I dont keep constant track of the state budget.

But I always read budget surplus every year or so.

Outgoing governor was bragging about his huge budget surplus as he was leaving office.

Maybe accounting wizardry but all the papers report it.

Comment

Working...
                      X