Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: I Really Believe Daniel Jacobs Will Beat Canelo!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Useless pov........ Every fighter has people who feel that guy will win.

WTF...............

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
      Floyd literally ruled Vegas almost exclusively fighting against latino/hispanic fighters, often times receiving very favorable cards.

I like Floyd and never really saw him lose but to deny that is crazy man. Come on lol.
      The problem is that Vegas has one protected superstar per era--not what ethnicity that protected superstar is.

Comment

Originally posted by GelfSara View Post
        The problem is that Vegas has one protected superstar per era--not what ethnicity that protected superstar is.
        I think there is some truth in that. Floyd was favored because he was 'hated', Canelo because he is 'loved' imo.

But Vegas has its home fighters just like almost anywhere else. Some a little more protected than others.

But as far as scoring fights goes I try and go with what I see, and I feel like 95% of the time there is 1 winner in a fight. And unfortunately that guy doesn't win 19/20 fights on the judges' cards. And not all of those fights are in Vegas :0

Just was making the point to that guy that it was ironic to see someone complaining about Canelo getting favorable cards, which is indisputable imo, because he is Mexican and not black, and neglecting to mention that Floyd was a superstar there and got his share there as well, and is obviously black.

As have a few other non-Mexican/black fighters (Ward/Kov 1 comes to mind and was in Vegas, and even the cards in Ward/Kov 2 were favorable to Ward before the stoppage).

Comment

Originally posted by GelfSara View Post
          Jacobs won at best 4 rounds and was knocked down in a fight in which HE was the house fighter. Against Canelo, in Vegas, the roles are not only reversed, but Canelo is protected to an extent not seen since Julio Ceasar Chavez took on Meldrick Taylor and Pernell Whitaker. And we all know what happened in those fiascos.

If you sign up to fight Canelo in Vegas, you know that unless you knock him out for 20 minutes, you can't win.
          We agree here. Not sure how anyone could find close to 7 rounds for Jacobs. That fight was pretty straightforward as far as scoring goes anyway and was basically over after 8-9 rounds on the cards.

iirc I had it
          1 - close but nick for GGG
          2 - same but for Danny
          3 - clearer for GGG
          4 - GGG
          5- GGG
          6- Danny
          7 - close
          8 - GGG
          9 - GGG
          10 - Danny
          11 - close
          12 - always hard for me to score 12th rounds as I feel they are just all heart, but most feel GGG.

Split the close rounds and that is 8-4. Not sure how one could argue Danny did nearly enough to take the belts from GGG in that one.
          Last edited by Boxing_1013; 04-04-2019, 12:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
            We agree here. Not sure how anyone could find close to 7 rounds for Jacobs. That fight was pretty straightforward as far as scoring goes anyway and was basically over after 8-9 rounds on the cards.
            GGG schooled Gacobs he won 8-4 easy

Comment

Originally posted by BigDramaShow! View Post
              GGG schooled Gacobs he won 8-4 easy
              Yeah I had it 8-4, pretty straightforward. Danny showed a lot of heart and survived imo but that doesn't get you the belts and a W

Comment

Working...
              X