No announcement yet.

Man, Baby Boomers piss me off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by earl-hickey View Post
    Best thing you can do is try help your kids out if you can.

See the thing with my parents is they were genuinley selfish even though they were set up with house, cars and 100s of 1000s in the bank they refused to help me pay for college so i couldnt go.

Thing is ive spent the last few years working overseas and travelling because **** it, im never going to afford a house anyway so why not have fun.

Funny thing is now im late 20s my mum is getting concerned that i havent married, had kids, settled down but im like mum i cant afford to raise a family, i can afford to get by on my own thats it!

So i think now she regrets not setting up a college fund and helping me out with a first house deposit etc.

Got it. Respect my friend, I’ll be a better father, and no talk down to my son. He doesn’t need it, and it isn’t helping. In fact it keeps him away, even though he lives at home- I’m not trying to have more regrets. Thanks

Comment

I think the big difference is that you now need to make 'good income' to have a nice life when before you only needed average income. It's a big difference.

Average income before will get you and your family some nice cars, nice trips, nice dinners at fancy places etc etc.

To live a nice life in certain areas of the US, you really sorta need 200k+ household income or around that amount.

Comment

Inflation is the key word without wages rising at the same level.

Comment

well at least they kept that lettuce cheap bro

Comment

Stop spending 1k on the latest cellphone so you can spend your days sharing pictures of yourself with the world then get back to me about the state of the economy.

Comment

Originally posted by 5burowz View Post
              You can't blame fiscal policy on the boomers. That is a gov't issue.
              Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
              Even avg manual loborors bought homes. I’m a boomer. But, my uncles who worked at factory jobs, tow truck driver bout nice homes in San Jose, before Silicon Valley real estate prices went crazy.. they bought new cars every few years.

I’ve spent a lot of time blaming millennial, but, I’m seeing things a lil differently, little by little.
              Originally posted by JasonBoxing View Post
              I think the big difference is that you now need to make 'good income' to have a nice life when before you only needed average income. It's a big difference.

Average income before will get you and your family some nice cars, nice trips, nice dinners at fancy places etc etc.

To live a nice life in certain areas of the US, you really sorta need 200k+ household income or around that amount.
              Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
              Inflation is the key word without wages rising at the same level.
              it's because of inflation, it has nothing to do with boomers. i'm not a boomer, i'm gen X and i remember how much more stuff i could afford to buy on an average income 20 years ago. we're getting into hyperinflation, a fully loaded new truck costs almost $100,000, 20 years ago i could buy a small cheap house for less than that

Comment

Originally posted by phallus View Post
                it's because of inflation, it has nothing to do with boomers. i'm not a boomer, i'm gen X and i remember how much more stuff i could afford to buy on an average income 20 years ago. we're getting into hyperinflation, a fully loaded new truck costs almost $100,000, 20 years ago i could buy a small cheap house for less than that
                Yeah, hyper inflation is whipping my azz too. I’ll have to work til I’m 101 years old to buy a new home in San Mateo. If I sell my current home, and moved to another state, I could buy a house, with money left over. However, if I try to buy a house like mine, I couldn’t afford it.

My plans only work if I move outta Silicon Valley.

Comment

There has never been a generation that have taken so much and gave so little, as those baby boomers.

Comment

Working...
                  X