No announcement yet.

Why I think Tyson Fury is beating Wilder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
    Wilder does not use Foreman pressure he slows fights down and doesn't throw high volume because he's always got reach advantage and likes fighters coming to him. All this works against him this time.
    That's correct. The Fury who beat Wlad could easily do the same thing with Wilder simply by getting on his bike, staying out of range, and flicking jabs the whole fight.

That won't get him the win though. In the US nowadays the jab as a point scoring punch is for A sides only, so Fury is going to have to take risks.

Comment

Originally posted by EMOBCBG View Post
      Yes he is beating Wilder hands down.

Reasons:

1. Tyson Fury is the better boxer whole round. To un-bundle this;
      2. Tyson Fury has a better jab and has a longer reach
      3. Fury has a better lateral and come forward movements
      4. Tyson Fury has better combinations and higher punch volume than wilder

5. Tyson Fury is taller

6. Tyson fury has a better engine (although this has to be tested due to the layoff)
      7. Tyson has more body balance when fighting and ducks punches better.

Need I say more?
      Your reasons aren't all true and some of them mean nothing. Better boxer. Yes. Better jab. Hell no. Tyson's jab is a harmless tap while Wilder's is a ramrod head snapper. reasons 3 and 4 are true. Reason 5 is a stupid invalid reason. Fury is only 2 inches taller with only a 2 inch longer reach and that is insignificant, Shorter boxers beat taller boxers all the time. Marciano had a 68 inch reach and never lost a fight. Reason 6 and 7 are true but here are some reasons why Tyson will probably get knocked out. Wilder has very fast hands. He can be sloppy and throw wide punches but his straight right is a fast deadly punch he could nail Fury with. Fury can be hit and hurt. He has been down and hurt by guys who don't hit nearly as hard or as fast as Wilder. Wilder only needs to land one of his better punches to set Fury up for the kill. Wilder is by far the harder puncher and has the better chin as he showed in the Ortiz fight.

Comment

Originally posted by EMOBCBG View Post
        Yes he is beating Wilder hands down.

Reasons:

1. Tyson Fury is the better boxer whole round. To un-bundle this;
        2. Tyson Fury has a better jab and has a longer reach
        3. Fury has a better lateral and come forward movements
        4. Tyson Fury has better combinations and higher punch volume than wilder

5. Tyson Fury is taller

6. Tyson fury has a better engine (although this has to be tested due to the layoff)
        7. Tyson has more body balance when fighting and ducks punches better.

Need I say more?
        Yea, who has more power, better timing, who is faster, who has more heart, who has more killer instinct and who has hurt everyone they've ever faced before? Fury is in big, big trouble. I guarantee that.

Comment

60% of the Fury on the Wlad fight easily beats 100% of prime Wilder. Wilder is just trash.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
            60% of the Fury on the Wlad fight easily beats 100% of prime Wilder. Wilder is just trash.
            Complete garbage assessment. You're delusional.

Here's a bet: I bet you that Fury get's knocked out. Not out-pointed, not technically losing, etc. Flat knocked out!

The bet is that I will post the signature of your choice if it doesn't happen. If Fury escapes getting KO'd in any fashion, I'll run the signature of your choice for a MONTH.

Now, If you lose the bet, you will also run my signature choice for a month, but I want you to totally take back this nonsense you say about Wilder.

Deal? If so, respond and we'll sig it.

Comment

I really hope Tyson wins but I doubt it after such a long lay off

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
                I really hope Tyson wins but I doubt it after such a long lay off
                This is how I feel except that I don't think any possible version of Fury can beat current Wilder.

Fury only beat Wlad because his reflexes are/were shot.

Comment

In many respects, I'm bored of the endless threads on this. Fury easily beats Wilder without the layoff; the only thing that makes this fight competitive is the fact that Fury abused his body and became inactive for so long. If Fury can get back to even a fraction of where he was in the Klitschko fight, then he schools Wilder all day long. Wilder is tailor-made for Fury's style: I can see Fury pot-shotting and being evasive, Wilder getting frustrated and not getting close, something akin to what happened in Lemieux v Saunders (Wilder is a lot more athletic than that lumbering Pepsi, sure, but still, Wilder is similar with regard to his lack of finesse).

I'm following the developments, but I'm not reading into it too much; the proof of the pudding will be plain to see on fight night. As I say, it all comes down to whether Fury has still got something left in him. [For what it's worth, I think Fury has got his fighting spirit back, from his media appearances, etc, but it's only speculation.] Wilder, well, he is what he is, and he isn't getting any better - the only way Wilder pulls this off is if Fury has lost too much from inactivity

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
                    This is how I feel except that I don't think any possible version of Fury can beat current Wilder.

Fury only beat Wlad because his reflexes are/were shot.
                    That is interesting. Normally we hear, 'Klitschko wasn't himself that fight' or something similar (implying Klitschko was back to himself for the Joshua fight). I disagree with your assessment; I feel that Klitschko was made to look the way he did by virtue of the way Fury handled him. People don't give Fury enough credit for his craft... I wonder how you'll react if Fury beats Wilder in a similar fashion

Comment

Originally posted by HeadBodyBodyBody View Post
                      That is interesting. Normally we hear, 'Klitschko wasn't himself that fight' or something similar (implying Klitschko was back to himself for the Joshua fight). I disagree with your assessment; I feel that Klitschko was made to look the way he did by virtue of the way Fury handled him. People don't give Fury enough credit for his craft... I wonder how you'll react if Fury beats Wilder in a similar fashion
                      So Ali and Joe Louis were basically shot at 35 but Wlad wasn't at 39? To me, Wlad couldn't pull the trigger. He even showed a little lesser signs of it in the prev Jennings fight.

And if Fury beats Wilder in any fashion......

Correction: If Fury simply doesn't get KO'd, (he will)
                      I will give him massive credit. That said, prime Wlad would wipe out Wilder, Fury and Joshua. Shot 41 y/o Wladimir still almost stopped prime Joshua.

Comment

Working...
                      X