Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Garcia-Commey Not Next; Garcia-Spence Negotiations Progressing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fell for this once. Will believe again when contract is signed.

Comment

Originally posted by DaBeastO View Post
      was duran a fool when he moved up two weight classes to fight one of the all time great welterweights in sugar ray leonard? duran won that fight mikey believes he can do the same. props to him
      Duran already had fights at welter and was bigger than Mikey. Shane moved up from 35 to 47 and beat a prime de la hoya but he too was bigger and and had enviable physical attributes with skill and fought at 54.

Not the same at all.

I respect the ambition but he didnt seem strong at all at 40 against and will be much less so against a big 47 guy. Hems going to look fat, will have NO way to keep Spence from just walking him down and landing wherever. Body, arms, etc.

Mikey to me seems CLEARLY more skilled p4p but I just don’t see it. Weight classes exist for a reason and I hope he proves us all wrong but it seems highly unlikely.

Comment

Originally posted by Pechorin View Post
        Good for Mikey for daring to be great. Too bad none of Haymon's welterweights, including Spence, will do the same.
        True Mikey deserves respect.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
          Just so we're clear, you're suggesting that PBC will pull in north of $16M (8M for the fighters not including the live gate revenue) in PPV buys per event over a three month window.

That doesn't sound unsuccessful to me lol

I think people need to accept what we're witnessing. People said PBC didn't have a viable business model, but it's looking more and more like UFC everyday. Huge content deal ($125M annually) and consistent PPV revenue (at least $24M from Dec - Feb for the fighters based on your assumption).
          pacquiao and Broner are gonna take that 16 mil by themselves lol

Comment

time to break some eye sockets.

Comment

Great fight. Hope it has a stacked undercard to go with it. Crawford and arum......its your move. Does arum sacrifice one of his only two top guys and make bud vs Loma on ESPN ppv, or does he keep crying about Haymon as he feeds bud vs Alvarado to the fans????

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                pacquiao and Broner are gonna take that 16 mil by themselves lol
                I honestly think the purses for that fight will be $8M for Pac and $2M for Broner. But we will see lol

Comment

Garcia ducking Loma by taking this fight that he has no right in winning.
                  He knows he doesn't stand a chance against Loma so he will go for the huge underdog challenge cause he knows he will take a L from either guys.
                  Garcia doing this is a coward move in my own humble opinion.

Comment

Major respect if Mikey goes thru with this fight!! And it's sad that Spence has to fight a guy two divisions South of him because Porter and Thurman are stalling and TC is fighting with a different network who is the only one willing to fight him that's legit comp.

Comment

Ppv? Mos def aint payin for this shi.t. is this what we can expect from now on? Ffs. Way to go

Comment

Working...
                      X