No announcement yet.

Big UK ratings for Khan-Garcia on Sky

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big UK ratings for Khan-Garcia on Sky

An average of about 480k with all the replays combined according to the BARB site.

First of all that's 280k for the live fight which took place at 5 in the morning in the UK. Those are great numbers for any time of the day let alone at that hour. This doesn't include the peek number which in most cases seem to increase by at least a third when the main event comes on.

The remainder of the score comes from the many replays of the fight after. For example the next day replay pulled 85k then there were a few more on the other Sky stations. Boxing's really off to a great start on Sky this year.

As a footnote, whatever UFC was on that night ... 147 I think scored 12k on ESPN.

Originally posted by croz View Post
    An average of about 480k with all the replays combined according to the BARB site.

First of all that's 280k for the live fight which took place at 5 in the morning in the UK. Those are great numbers for any time of the day let alone at that hour. This doesn't include the peek number which in most cases seem to increase by at least a third when the main event comes on.

The remainder of the score comes from the many replays of the fight after. For example the next day replay pulled 85k then there were a few more on the other Sky stations. Boxing's really off to a great start on Sky this year.

As a footnote, whatever UFC was on that night ... 147 I think scored 12k on ESPN.
    Where are all those idiots who said Khan wasn't a draw lol. It is generally ignorant Americans on here who have no idea just how well known Khan is in the UK. This kid has been a headliner since his debut, how many boxers can say that? How many boxers first pro contract was 7 figures? It's a shame for him that he lost these last two as he was well on the way to being a big draw in the US too.

Comment

Good numbers from khan considering it was early hours Sunday morning. Thought the replays would of been higher tho (I thought all together he would of done just under 700,000 like brook/froch did) maybe people decided not 2watch it since he lost.

Comment

O...K?

J/K good for Khan...I GUESS

Comment

Originally posted by KnockUTheFukOut View Post
          O...K?

J/K good for Khan...I GUESS
          AK >>> anything your whole family combined have done. You mad AK earned more money in his first fight then the Rigo and Lara combined have earned through there careers.

Comment

Originally posted by raichu
            dont know why your talking about khans money? like you've seen any of it?

im sure his not mad about a boxer getting money?
            almost as off topic as talking about khan losing in relation to how many people watched the fight.

Comment

250k is pretty good at 5 AM, but it's time for him to fight on None PPV at 10 PM UK time. He does not gain as many fans by fighting in America all the time.

Comment

Working...
              X