Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What sports (if any) did you play growing up, and...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What sports (if any) did you play growing up, and...

...did you have aspirations to go pro?

Personally, I played football (soccer) growing up. Goalkeeper, but cuz I was a sprinter, on the wing and up front. But my position was GK, which my pops also was. Was told by dudes who worked in the local coaching scene that I was legit good enough to eventually go pro. Circumstances dictated that I didn't/couldn't, and now I have the cardio of a dead rat.

How about y'all?

Football, Baseball and wrestled for a couple months (got kicked off the team)

Probably coulda went to some small college and played baseball and got an education out of it.

Comment

Basketball and soccer
      Last edited by Sup; 07-26-2017, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Baseball: Got real good and real bored so I quit.

Football: Loved it from the beginning was good enough to go pro but wasted time hanging out & with too many females & bad habits so football just left me behind. Still kick myself for letting that go.

Track: Did it just to get my speed up for football Ran the 400 relay, intermediate hurdles & the 800 when someone was out or hurt. I got 6 seconds farter in one year.

Boxing": In my early 30's I jumped competed in the Diamond Gloves Tournament came in second place. When your an amatures you pay for boxing & losing jobs from multiple lay-offs I didn't stay too long & now a schedule that wont allow me....

I wish I would kept on with football though.

Comment

played a lot of 4 square growing up.

Comment

Originally posted by -MEGA- View Post
            Football, Baseball and wrestled for a couple months (got kicked off the team)

Probably coulda went to some small college and played baseball and got an education out of it.
            Was it for a mundane reason like dicking the coach's daughter, or something hectic like dicking his wife as well?

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
              Baseball: Got real good and real bored so I quit.

Football: Loved it from the beginning was good enough to go pro but wasted time hanging out & with too many females & bad habits so football just left me behind. Still kick myself for letting that go.

Track: Did it just to get my speed up for football Ran the 400 relay, intermediate hurdles & the 800 when someone was out or hurt. I got 6 seconds farter in one year.

Boxing": In my early 30's I jumped competed in the Diamond Gloves Tournament came in second place. When your an amatures you pay for boxing & losing jobs from multiple lay-offs I didn't stay too long & now a schedule that wont allow me....

I wish I would kept on with football though.
              Well that's rather sad. Unfortunately, many dudes with potential end up doing the same.

Comment

Basketball. I'm actually a varsity player in high school, but to be honest, it's not really an "accomplishment" lol. We're not really competing with other schools. Only one other private school that is our neighbor.

Comment

American football, baseball/softball/stickball, basketball. Boxed, but got off to a late start, so any aspirations of turning pro were squelched during amateur fights. A later became a USA Boxing trainer and coach. Trained military boxers for inter-service competition and Olympic trials. Also trained locals as well.

Comment

Baseball when I was a kid. Soccer when I was a kid. My parents made me wasn't really a fan...well baseball was ok.

Played basketball and football in middle school up until Freshman year in highschool.

Highschool I ran track. I was actually very good at long distance. 1600 and 3200 and we made it to States.

Now ike an alcoholic lazy ****ed but I still play basketball.

Comment

Working...
                    X