Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carl Froch vs. Kovalev, who got this?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Froch's nose is rearranged beyond any operational repair before he goes to sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
      Funny thing is whilst I also feel that Kovalev is more skilled, probably stronger and has a better ring IQ than Froch (and would beat him) I can see where Andre's coming from with this one. Ward's a master at taking the 'fight' out of the fight and he did - to a large extent succeed in doing this - eventually - with Kovalev. With Froch, although he was continually beating him to the punch, anticipating his attacks and clearly the better boxer, he never really managed to stop Froch from trying to bring the fight to him, and in the championship rounds it became clear that Frochs sheer tenacity was starting to trouble Ward. A coupla times, towards the end you see Ward checking the clock almost like he's wondering how much longer he can keep this fucker off of him.

With Kovalev, Ward managed to slow the pace of the fight (or perhaps his bodywork slowed Sergei down, or simply his his stamina ain't all that) and from round 6 or 7 on Dre was never really in much danger, course he had to be careful, but he was fighting his sort of fight at a pace he could work at, and was kind of comfortable, whereas Froch never quite let him get into that groove.
      Ok greenk coming. I hadn't thought about it with this level of depth. Damn good post dude.

Comment

Kovalev would flatten Froch, aka "The Man who Retired just to Duck GGG"

Comment

I think pretty highly of Froch, besides the fact that I like the guy. I can't imagine even giving him a chance here.

He's tough and cagey, but Kovalev would have it all over him.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
            Funny thing is whilst I also feel that Kovalev is more skilled, probably stronger and has a better ring IQ than Froch (and would beat him) I can see where Andre's coming from with this one. Ward's a master at taking the 'fight' out of the fight and he did - to a large extent succeed in doing this - eventually - with Kovalev. With Froch, although he was continually beating him to the punch, anticipating his attacks and clearly the better boxer, he never really managed to stop Froch from trying to bring the fight to him, and in the championship rounds it became clear that Frochs sheer tenacity was starting to trouble Ward. A coupla times, towards the end you see Ward checking the clock almost like he's wondering how much longer he can keep this fucker off of him.

With Kovalev, Ward managed to slow the pace of the fight (or perhaps his bodywork slowed Sergei down, or simply his his stamina ain't all that) and from round 6 or 7 on Dre was never really in much danger, course he had to be careful, but he was fighting his sort of fight at a pace he could work at, and was kind of comfortable, whereas Froch never quite let him get into that groove.
            Good post. Froch was as mentally tough as it comes. I think you make some solid points here about their respective fights with Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by lopetego View Post
              Kovalev would flatten Froch, aka "The Man who Retired just to Duck GGG"
              You really still believe that.

What a smock....

GGG will never move up to 168.

Comment

Are we talking prime for prime and if they were the same weight? As in P4P?

Comment

Working...
                X