Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you want to see coaching the Lakers for next season and beyond???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who do you want to see coaching the Lakers for next season and beyond???

Fellow Laker fans, who do you want???

Lionell Hollins
    Jeff Van Gundy
    Byron Scott
    Kurt Rambis
    Kevin Ollie

Other????

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
    Fellow Laker fans, who do you want???

Lionell Hollins
    Jeff Van Gundy
    Byron Scott
    Kurt Rambis
    Kevin Ollie

Other????
    Any of the first 3. Not too sold on Rambis or Ollie although I have nothing against them.

Oh, and for the record, the Lakers were dumb as hell to sign Mike D'Antoni. People thought I was crazy when I said he'd **** the team up, and look what's happening now.

Comment

I'm going with Hollins or JVG.

Although Id hate for Jeff to stop commentating. Dude cracks me up.

Comment

Thibodeaux
        Doc Rivers
        Coach K

Comment

Vinny Del Nego
          Mike Woodson
          Mark Jackson
          Scott Brooks
          Kevin Mchale
          Last edited by Tay Roc; 05-03-2014, 12:29 AM.

Comment

fish, then bryant.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamMerchant12 View Post
              Any of the first 3. Not too sold on Rambis or Ollie although I have nothing against them.

Oh, and for the record, the Lakers were dumb as hell to sign Mike D'Antoni. People thought I was crazy when I said he'd **** the team up, and look what's happening now.
              I don't really know any Laker fans who supported that decision. D'Antoni is a great offensive coach....but the dude knows absolutely nothing about defense, which is the cornerstone of winning championships in the NBA.

I think Ollie is too big of a gamble, and it seems like UCONN is doubling his pay next year, so that's probably out. I doubt they can really get Thibs, though that'd be amazing. He's one of the Top 5 coaches hands down in the NBA.

Lionell Hollins is proven, did some good work with Memphis and took them to the Western Conference Finals. I fear his old school mentality might clasha bit with Kobe though. But he'd be solid.

Rambis should be an assistant, I don't beleive in him as a head coach. Byron Scott had success with New Orleans and the Nets, I wouldn't mind him.

But I'd like Jeff Van Gundy.

Comment

I don't really know any Laker fans who supported that decision. D'Antoni is a great offensive coach....but the dude knows absolutely nothing about defense, which is the cornerstone of winning championships in the NBA.

I think Ollie is too big of a gamble, and it seems like UCONN is doubling his pay next year, so that's probably out. I doubt they can really get Thibs, though that'd be amazing. He's one of the Top 5 coaches hands down in the NBA.

Lionell Hollins is proven, did some good work with Memphis and took them to the Western Conference Finals. I fear his old school mentality might clasha bit with Kobe though. But he'd be solid.

Rambis should be an assistant, I don't beleive in him as a head coach. Byron Scott had success with New Orleans and the Nets, I wouldn't mind him.

But I'd like Jeff Van Gundy.
                Most of em didn't but there were a lot that thought since he had success with Nash during their time in PHX that he'd do the same in LA, which is stupid. Kobe seems to clash with new coaches these days, but as old as he's gotten overnight, he won't have much of a choice, especially since he says he wants another ring before retiring. Hollins would be perfect to help instill some mental toughness (if that can even be taught) into the Lakers again, and Scott & Van Gundy & Scott would do the same. I think Rambis should be an assistant too, as he'd be pretty good for that. I also think Rick Adelman would be good for the job if he's available. He was great here in Houston and I still don't understand why they let him go.

Comment

They need someone established who Kobe would respect. I think he would respect Byron Scott and Jeff Van Gundy.

Comment

They need someone established who Kobe would respect. I think he would respect Byron Scott and Jeff Van Gundy.
                    I agree with that. Those are probably the best two choices, and JVG & Kobe seem to be good friends so Kobe should have pretty good trust with him.

Comment

Working...
                    X