No announcement yet.

Sarah Palin has competition

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
    Like I said, John Wayne, the actor, was at least from Iowa. Do you have an excuse for all of these gaffs (and this morning's when Obama said his daughters are 10 and 13?)

It was a particularly distasteful thread where you started with some racist buffoon and then segued directly into Bachman.

FTR I don't support Bachman for President, so by all means, bash away.
    The point is, people who run for president and the person who is president is constantly speaking in public. They are going to slip up and misspeak and say things they don't mean, like Obama who clearly knows how old his daughters are and how many states their are.

That is different from factual errors. I would say Bachman's real "gaffe" was when she had "never seen a cent" from the government subsidized farm her family (though her father-in-law) owns. The real figure was that she has seen more than $30,000 and her share is worth more than $150,000 (according to her own disclosed records).

I am curious, though...who (at least at this point) do you support?

Comment

Originally posted by Easy-E View Post
      The point is, people who run for president and the person who is president is constantly speaking in public. They are going to slip up and misspeak and say things they don't mean, like Obama who clearly knows how old his daughters are and how many states their are.

That is different from factual errors. I would say Bachman's real "gaffe" was when she had "never seen a cent" from the government subsidized farm her family (though her father-in-law) owns. The real figure was that she has seen more than $30,000 and her share is worth more than $150,000 (according to her own disclosed records).

I am curious, though...who (at least at this point) do you support?
      I'm going to have to wait until after a few debates, where the answers given are more than the ridiculous 30 secs of the first one (and the questions are better than "deep dish or thin crust?.")

But I like Paul Ryan, Bobby Jindal, Thaddeus McCotter, Herman Cain and Rick Santorum. And I would probably accept Romney, Gingrich, Pawlenty, Perry and Daniels. Am still looking at Huntsman and Chris Christie. Though it seems like I'm forgetting someone. I guess I'd vote for Ron Paul if he won the nomination.

Not crazy about Palin, Bachman, Gary Johnson, George Pataki or Donald Trump, to the point I would likely sit out the next election.

Comment

I'd fuck Palin for real for real.

Comment

Like I said, John Wayne, the actor, was at least from Iowa. Do you have an excuse for all of these gaffs (and this morning's when Obama said his daughters are 10 and 13?)

It was a particularly distasteful thread where you started with some racist buffoon and then segued directly into Bachman.

FTR I don't support Bachman for President, so by all means, bash away.
          So why did you get your knickers in a knot? Is it because she's a republican you feel that you should instantly leap to her defense, even though she's an embarrassment?

Comment

The founding fathers worked to end slavery? Really?

2:49

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
              So why did you get your knickers in a knot? Is it because she's a republican you feel that you should instantly leap to her defense, even though she's an embarrassment?
              Just returning the favor for the crap you give me for my threads criticizing, say Nancy Pelosi's gaffe of the month. TBH if I hear Bachman talk about her 23 foster children and her "titanium spine" one more time, my head might explode.

Comment

Just returning the favor for the crap you give me for my threads criticizing, say Nancy Pelosi's gaffe of the month. TBH if I hear Bachman talk about her 23 foster children and her "titanium spine" one more time, my head might explode.
                Republican nominees like Bachmann and Palin are an absolute disgrace and part of the reason is an unwillingness of people brought up in partisan politics to criticise anyone who is on their side.

You were defending Palin to the hilt prior to the election, when she was saying the most extraordinarily dumb things and you were acting like it's the fault of the journalists that she doesn't have two brain cells to rub together.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                    Republican nominees like Bachmann and Palin are an absolute disgrace and part of the reason is an unwillingness of people brought up in partisan politics to criticise anyone who is on their side.

You were defending Palin to the hilt prior to the election, when she was saying the most extraordinarily dumb things and you were acting like it's the fault of the journalists that she doesn't have two brain cells to rub together.
                    Or as she puts it...."It was a gotcha question"..hahhaa

Comment

Originally posted by Deedubbzz07 View Post
                      The founding fathers worked to end slavery? Really?

2:49

[IMG][/IMG]
                      What I really dislike about this new republican movement (which is spearheaded by the tea party "morans") is their commitment to trying to rewrite history to reflect their own views. Check out Conservapedia for examples.

Bachmann has chosen her platform and it rests on the shoulders of bigots and history deniers.

Comment

Working...
                      X