No announcement yet.

I have a bad trainer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a bad trainer

I have a bad trainer,with him i cant progress most of the stuff i learned about boxing was from youtube,we rarely spar we rarely do anything.Same monotonic excersises every training over and over again,warm up,run,heavy bag,rope jumping,weightlifting and then abs
    Boxing in my area is generaly pretty weak,the trainers dont put effort.
    Is there any source of boxing knowledge on the internet that can compensate for the stuff my trainers didnt teach me

Originally posted by bj1234 View Post
    I have a bad trainer,with him i cant progress most of the stuff i learned about boxing was from youtube,we rarely spar we rarely do anything.Same monotonic excersises every training over and over again,warm up,run,heavy bag,rope jumping,weightlifting and then abs
    Boxing in my area is generaly pretty weak,the trainers dont put effort.
    Is there any source of boxing knowledge on the internet that can compensate for the stuff my trainers didnt teach me
    what state are you boxing out of?

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
      what state are you boxing out of?
      Montenegro

Comment

Boxing Training Online

There are tons of resources to train yourself properly.

Search the term boxing drills on youtube. Maybe you can find some stuff there. Just try not to get bored on your own drilling. Drilling can be tedious however the level you want to get to, it's so necessary.

Bad habits are hard to break in boxing

Drilling the right way is the best way to spar better which of course leads to fighting better.

Peace

Comment

Originally posted by iamamsb View Post
          There are tons of resources to train yourself properly.

Peace
          There are tons of resources to train yourself PROPERLY? I call bull****..........
          Last edited by Rockin'; 01-26-2018, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Unfortunately there is only so much you can learn by yourself, it is impossible to reach anywhere near your full potential without a trainer.

Comment

Originally posted by RushingFists View Post
              Unfortunately there is only so much you can learn by yourself, it is impossible to reach anywhere near your full potential without a trainer.
              Without a trainer that knows wtf he's looking at..........

Comment

Originally posted by RushingFists View Post
                I fully agree.

As Rockin stated, with a trainer that knows what he's actually doing.

Comment

Sounds to me your trainer is a by the hour bs trainer. They will help you to get in to shape (not in serious fighting shape) but the guy seems so limited in ring knowledge. He's looking only for the green I bet, not looking to actually build a fighter. As long as you keep bringing him the money he will keep 'training' you.......Rockin'
                  Last edited by Rockin'; 01-29-2018, 05:04 PM.

Comment

What's your city or town? Isn't there any other gym near your place? I'm sad to say this but there used to be a couple good boxers from Montenegro and Serbia, but honestly even those who managed to gain some success, did it trough their own persistance and courage and their trainers did almost nothing to upgrade their raw talent. I hope there's some exceptions but it seems like a lot of them have a very limited boxing knowledge. Plus the shallow pool of quality sparring partners doesn't help neither.

Comment

Working...
                    X