Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have your opinions on gun control laws changed over recent incidents?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I understand that even if guns are banned, people will still find a way to kill, but at least automatic guns will be off the table. That's how I've come to see things.

Comment

• I had posted this on a previous debate about control on here but it's worth posting again.

http://www.mintpressnews.com/the-fac...ontrol/207152/
      Last edited by JJRod; 10-04-2017, 08:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChessBoxer8 View Post
        I understand that even if guns are banned, people will still find a way to kill, but at least automatic guns will be off the table. That's how I've come to see things.
        Automatic guns have been off the table for decades.

Comment

• Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
          This is so true. I believe the stats show we are the safest we've been in over 20 years. The 90s were rough when guys my age were 18 to 20s and dumbing out
          A few years ago we hit like a 30 year low for murders.

It's gone up a lil recent years but still low.

Comment

• Not to be a dick.....

But a lot of the gun deaths counted are suicides.

And most of the deaths that gun control will stop is suicides.

Am I the only one that doesn't care if some idiot kills himself as long as he doesn't take anyone with him?

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
              Not to be a dick.....

Am I the only one that doesn't care if some idiot kills himself as long as he doesn't take anyone with him?
              Unless they are former soldiers that didn't receive the help they need...I agree
              Last edited by MidnightSpecial; 10-04-2017, 09:44 PM. Reason: A lot of double negatives but **** it I've been drinking

Comment

Not to be a dick.....

Exactly.

That's why liberals do what one did earlier, they cite stats showing "gun deaths" as opposed to overall crime rates.

They do that because data shows that crime rates are higher in areas wirh gun bans and strict gun regulations, so they throw out "gun deaths" stats as a crafty non sequitur.

Comment

Not to be a dick.....

Why not be specific?

For the purposes of the gun control talk, let's put aside the suicides. I don't agree that we should be ok with more suicides but let's ignore them for now.

I feel like we should quantify how many gun deaths there were, and take out how many suicides there were. If there is still a net benefit in gun deaths then it's worth considering whether gun control affects the average number of deaths per gun crime.
                  Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 10-04-2017, 10:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MidnightSpecial View Post
                    Unless they are former soldiers that didn't receive the help they need...I agree
                    Yeah that ptsd is rough.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                      Why not be specific?

For the purposes of the gun control talk, let's put aside the suicides. I don't agree that we should be ok with more suicides but let's ignore them for now.

I feel like we should quantify how many gun deaths there were, and take out how many suicides there were. If there is still a net benefit in gun deaths then it's worth considering whether gun control affects the average number of deaths per gun crime.
                      The thing is I don't care about gun crime.

I care about crime.

If gun crime goes down but crime stats stay same then gun control accomplished nothing.

And you don't need a gun to commit suicide.

Ppl use it a lot but doesn't meant suicides will go down. Japan had one of the highest suicide rates and they have no guns.

Comment

Working...
                      X