Official Lucas Matthysse vs Viktor Postol Fight Prediction/Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Iceman is getting cracked.

Comment

• Lucas is going to take Postol places he never thought existed.

Comment

• My brain says metthysse my heart says postol gonno go with my brain hopefully postol wins.

Comment

• Originally posted by FerFAL View Post
          I think its Postol who will have to offer an answer to what Matthysse brings. Matthysse will go after him, boxing but feeling confident in using his power to put Postol down. If Postol starts boxing and has success with it, maybe that forces Matthysse to use his skills too. Even then I think he has better ring IQ than Postol. Unless Postol is much better boxer than what he's shown so far he wont hold up the Machines assault.

I don't think Postol will have an answer for the power. I remember the Soto fight...early on it looked like Soto was doing some good things but I could see small changes from round to round that Matts was making (the angles that he was throwing punches, his positioning, head placement, etc.) that allowed him to negate the boxing ability of Soto. Once Matts started to land shots, Soto got slower and sloppier round by round until he got trapped along the ropes taking kill shots.

Maybe Matts just goes after him from the jump and tries to pummel him not fearing what Postol has to offer. I can't imagine that Postol would have any game plan heading into this fight except to stick and move behind his jab due to his lack of power.

Comment

• Comment

• Oscar de la Hoya only has two top fighters: Canelo and Lucas.
              ... Therefore, in case Lucas doesn't win by KO he will win by "a hard fought decision".

Comment

• Here's the full weigh in and interview: Lucas has said he will KO Postol first!

Comment

• Latest news: Lucas is going to wear Everlast MEX not Powerlok gloves...

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicolino View Post
                    Latest news: Lucas is going to wear Everlast MEX not Powerlok gloves...
                    Are you sure? They look like powerlocks

Comment

• Originally posted by Salim_Shady View Post
                      Are you sure? They look like powerlocks
                      This guy tweeted that, he is in Lucas team.
                      I just asked the same thing and told me that they were Everlast MEX not Powerlock. I found it strange too because of Lucas injured hand against Provo.

Comment

Working...
                      X