Collapse
No announcement yet.

]Kung Fu is the most overrated martial arts of all time. Krav Maga is #1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In all seriousness there are a few i have researched as being absolutley deadly.

Muay Thai - The sport version, or ring version. Very watered down in comparison to...

Muay Thai Chaiya. Blocks are done with shins and elbows and every hit the opponent delivers is blocked and a counter attack is returned. Usually an elbow. Fights are usually to the death. I believe only the shins, knees and elbows are used as weapons. Deadly.

Muay Boran, War / Primitive - Designed to kill a man in one move. Very dangerous form of Muay Boran. It was used on the battle field. Thais have never been conquered. Kinda like what Tony Jaa does but a war version / variant. It has ground fighting techniques aswell.

Lerdrit - The thai military use this special form of Muay Thai. Youtube it. No intricate locks or fancy tricks, they will straight up break your bones, immediatly.

GJJ - Gracie Jiujitsu, not sporyt BJJ. The late great Helios Gracie taught this to only his sons. Say what u want but if they never told any body about GJJ/BJJ they would be terrorrising people.

Kalaipayattu - 6000 years old. Lethal martial art. Deadly locks, fighting with swords, whips, spears, pressure points, where striking at a certain point before your opponent can strike or using distance to reach you target before an opponent to either kill him instantly or severly cripple him. It is practiced in India. Designed to kill a man with your bare hands effortlessly and swiftly.

Comment

Originally posted by ~BoZz~ View Post
      the best martial art is wing tsun/chun...I did boxing for 9 or 10 years and yes it's very effective but it doesn't come close to wing tsun...the system I train in is the leung ting wing tsun system and they train for real life self defense, but I must also say that it differs from other martial arts so it's not for everybody. Shaolin kung fu is rubbish it has nothing to do with real fighting, it's good for movies but that's about it. Krav maga is an Israeli system and it's way over rated 80% of their sh** is taken from wing chun kung fu and few other arts, and btw when did you see an Israeli fight? They either shoot you or bomb you from the sky.

Comment

Eat a dick ts. Kung fu was perfected for the battlefield over thousands of years. The Advent of gunpowder changed everything, a most common kung fu that you see today is actually wushu. Massive difference. Blame communism.

Comment

Kali/Escrima

i think it is most well-rounded martial art. It has hand to hand, weapons & wrestling styles

Comment

Honestly, I would say bjj. The first few ufc's proved it.. U don't know bjj, you getting choked out

Comment

Brazilian jiujitsu is a must for learning how to handle yourself on the ground. But in real life situations with weapons and multiple attackers you don't want to be rolling around on the floor. That's why I would use it as supplementary training but not as the main fighting style.

Originally posted by MaD vEiN View Post
              Kali/Escrima

i think it is most well-rounded martial art. It has hand to hand, weapons & wrestling styles
              That's a good choice. The angles of attack they teach for sticks are the same ones that they use for bladed weapons and for empty hands as well. Pretty neat style.

Comment

Krav Maga isn't a martial art, it's a self defense system. Most instructors even preach to avoid fighting at all cost, hell I saw a class where the teacher was showing them how to run away from an attacker lol.

Comment

Originally posted by i_am_a_champ View Post
                  In all seriousness there are a few i have researched as being absolutley deadly.

Muay Thai - The sport version, or ring version. Very watered down in comparison to...

Muay Thai Chaiya. Blocks are done with shins and elbows and every hit the opponent delivers is blocked and a counter attack is returned. Usually an elbow. Fights are usually to the death. I believe only the shins, knees and elbows are used as weapons. Deadly.

Muay Boran, War / Primitive - Designed to kill a man in one move. Very dangerous form of Muay Boran. It was used on the battle field. Thais have never been conquered. Kinda like what Tony Jaa does but a war version / variant. It has ground fighting techniques aswell.

Lerdrit - The thai military use this special form of Muay Thai. Youtube it. No intricate locks or fancy tricks, they will straight up break your bones, immediatly.

GJJ - Gracie Jiujitsu, not sporyt BJJ. The late great Helios Gracie taught this to only his sons. Say what u want but if they never told any body about GJJ/BJJ they would be terrorrising people.

Kalaipayattu - 6000 years old. Lethal martial art. Deadly locks, fighting with swords, whips, spears, pressure points, where striking at a certain point before your opponent can strike or using distance to reach you target before an opponent to either kill him instantly or severly cripple him. It is practiced in India. Designed to kill a man with your bare hands effortlessly and swiftly.

Just some info & nothing personal.

I've been into mt for a long time & have spent time at numerous top camps

Mt is one of the best forms of self defence but don't swallow all the thai bs

Chaiya is the army style.

Muay Boran is the term that includes the original regional variations of mt. Chaiya being one of them, muay Korat (issan)being another etc

Mt can be broken into 2 styles muay kiao and muay lak. Muay kiao is flashier, muay lak is firmer.

As for the propoganda of thailand never being conquered. Thais like to tell their tales but as the country doesn't question those in authority this can seem daft.

Nai khannom tom is a legend in thailand. The ancient capital of ayutthaya, where scenes from the movie kick boxer were filmed was captured/conquered/under burmese control.
                  Thailand was different back then & was very fragmented.
                  Nai khannom tom was a prisoner of war & transported to Burma. He had been elected by other thais yo represent them in a show for the king of Burma.
                  Nai khannom tom defeated 10 of burma's best fighters. He fought for his life, his country, his people & his king.
                  Impressed by the skill of khannom tom and the fighting art of thailand, the burmese king set him free & returned thailand to the thais.

There is also the bridge on the river kwai, pronounced kwey (kwai/kwhy..meaning buffalo/stupid)
                  This is further evidence of thais being conquered. The bridge was built by foreign & thai pow & is a tourist attraction in kanchanaburi.
                  The thais surrendered to the japanese.
                  The thai army are actually pretty inept. But mt is 1 of the deadliest & strongest arts with a long history.

Comment

those damn israelis are sure fond of killing people

Comment

Originally posted by B.UTLER View Post
                      I'm currently watching Shaolin in Netflix.
                      Growing up watching these Chinese Kung Fu movies with Shaolin Monks flying, breaking rocks with their heads and their silly different stance like monkey, snake, lion and drunken stance, you would think kung fu is the boss of all martial arts.

In reality kung fu is probably the least martial arts for defense. You don't a see kung fu master dominating UFC.

Krav Maga is the no.1 martial arts of all time.
                      !! Anorak he does it again!

Comment

Working...
                      X