No announcement yet.

Last night was a farce

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
    Your salt showed as soon as you said any top 5 jr mw...

Cotto is the likely the best 154 pounder and that fight with Canelo wasn't even close. Let it go. For all you want to hate, Canelo is likely the second best MW as well and the only one with any type of shot vs GGG. He'd rule 54 like a god right now...theyd look like GGG fights...actually they have been looking that way with even more violent KOs

Khan was offered 54 but he agreed on 55 cuz of the title. :/

Canelo is 25! He has no problems making weight. He's the star of the sport. He's not hitting full 160 any time soon. He's looked relaxed and ok at the weigh ins..he used to look worse but they apparently changed their approach and have been fine. He hasnt been gassing as much as before, etc
    Maaaannn Cotto been fooling y'all since he beat Rodriguez. Canelo was his first legit fight since Trout and they've kept him away from slick fighters. And what happened when he fought a legit fighter?'It wasn't even close, Just like you said.

Trout, Lara, J-Rock, Andrade, & both Charlo brothers would beat the breaks off Cotto old ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
      Lets not forget they put a light hitting. 35Yo140lber against a WW that weighs about 190lbs outside of training camp and fight them at WW. I lost what lil respect i had for gbp last night. Herrera has had such hard luck in his career & they just basically fed him to the wolves for 1 last payday. Hes still my boy & the true lineal jr ww champ...
      Dammit!!! I forgot all about that fight. And people celebrating like Gomez did something last. Talking about her fought Herrera better than Garcia did. That ain't the same Herrera. And they kept calling him a junior welterweight, WTF???? Golden boy making up their own weight classes. Didn't he weigh in the 150's his last fight? In house last fight Gomez weighed about as much as Khan for this fight!!! Why didn't they throw Gomez in there with Canelo!!! He's acclimated to that weight!

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
        Take off the Rose tainted glasses for a minute

Lemeiux vs. Tapia. This may have been worse than the main event. You got Tapia who hasn't fought in a year and got stopped in his last fight. His first fight at middleweight, they throw him in with a puncher. Why didn't Stevens & Lemeiux fight and Tapia & Teixera fight? That would've made more sense.

The second fight. A glass jaw WW who's been stopped twice by smaller and lesser fighters that Canelo. Oh yea, he's also coming off a one year layoff. Oscar picked the WW with who hasn't fought a top WW since he entered the division. And also hasn't stopped a WW. He didn't look giid against Algieri and a case can be made that that fight was a draw. Why didn't Oscar pick a JMW since Canelo isn't really a MW (BS!)

I've never been a Khan fan & I've taken Canelo's side over GGG's. I've said GGG should drop to 155 and fight him. After seeing Khan laid out like that, **** CANELO. That **** wasn't no better than Garcia-Salka. EVERYBODY PICKED CANELO TO WIN BY KO BECAUSE OF KHAN'S CHIN! So why wasn't this fight treated like Garcia-Salka? We all started off criticizing this fight because we knew Khan would get KO'd. What happened? Why did this fight gain legitimacy? What happened last night was exactly what we all said when the fight was announced.

GGG might be fighting bums but at least they're full MW bums. I'm with team GGG now, 160 or nothing. Let Canelo keep hiding at 155. Who else is he gonna fight next? Canelo needs GGG now as bad as GGG needs Khan. The MW division ain't good. He ain't going nowhere near a top 5 JMW. Any top 5 JMW will beat him. So it's Pacquiao? Yea OK. Check the ratings for a MW who hasn't fought since September and who can make 157, because Canelo gotta get acclimated to the MW division before fighting GGG. If grind acclimated is do important why did they pick a guy who wasn't acclimated to the division last night?

I'm team GGG now, 160 or give him his belt, and I hope he knocks Canelo head off.
        i've been saying it for a while. GGG doesn't have the key names on his resume but he has solid top 10 middleweights. Only very few talented fighters can transcend weight classes and at best they can truly fight one or 2 (at most) weight classes above their natural weight. Kahn is a good fighter and a good name but he moved two (you can say that) weight classes above his natural weight class... without even beating the best in his own weight class.

Comment

Originally posted by Irony123 View Post
          i've been saying it for a while. GGG doesn't have the key names on his resume but he has solid top 10 middleweights. Only very few talented fighters can transcend weight classes and at best they can truly fight one or 2 (at most) weight classes above their natural weight. Kahn is a good fighter and a good name but he moved two (you can say that) weight classes above his natural weight class... without even beating the best in his own weight class.
          And Khan hasn't fought in a year. Just like Kirkland. And just like Angulo. I see the pattern. Virgil told the story about the Angulo fight. They'd asked about Angulo earlier. Virgil told Angulo they're asking about you so let's get in the gym and start working just in case they call. Angulo didn't listen. A couple months later they called around the gyms to see is Angulo had been in. Nope. That's when they made the fight.

Comment

And Khan hasn't fought in a year. Just like Kirkland. And just like Angulo. I see the pattern. Virgil told the story about the Angulo fight. They'd asked about Angulo earlier. Virgil told Angulo they're asking about you so let's get in the gym and start working just in case they call. Angulo didn't listen. A couple months later they called around the gyms to see is Angulo had been in. Nope. That's when they made the fight.
            didn't know that... but if true then very sad

Comment

Lemeiux vs. Tapia. This may have been worse than the main event. You got Tapia who hasn't fought in a year and got stopped in his last fight. His first fight at middleweight, they throw him in with a puncher. Why didn't Stevens & Lemeiux fight and Tapia & Teixera fight? That would've made more sense.

The second fight. A glass jaw WW who's been stopped twice by smaller and lesser fighters that Canelo. Oh yea, he's also coming off a one year layoff. Oscar picked the WW with who hasn't fought a top WW since he entered the division. And also hasn't stopped a WW. He didn't look giid against Algieri and a case can be made that that fight was a draw. Why didn't Oscar pick a JMW since Canelo isn't really a MW (BS!)

I've never been a Khan fan & I've taken Canelo's side over GGG's. I've said GGG should drop to 155 and fight him. After seeing Khan laid out like that, **** CANELO. That **** wasn't no better than Garcia-Salka. EVERYBODY PICKED CANELO TO WIN BY KO BECAUSE OF KHAN'S CHIN! So why wasn't this fight treated like Garcia-Salka? We all started off criticizing this fight because we knew Khan would get KO'd. What happened? Why did this fight gain legitimacy? What happened last night was exactly what we all said when the fight was announced.

GGG might be fighting bums but at least they're full MW bums. I'm with team GGG now, 160 or nothing. Let Canelo keep hiding at 155. Who else is he gonna fight next? Canelo needs GGG now as bad as GGG needs Khan. The MW division ain't good. He ain't going nowhere near a top 5 JMW. Any top 5 JMW will beat him. So it's Pacquiao? Yea OK. Check the ratings for a MW who hasn't fought since September and who can make 157, because Canelo gotta get acclimated to the MW division before fighting GGG. If grind acclimated is do important why did they pick a guy who wasn't acclimated to the division last night?

I'm team GGG now, 160 or give him his belt, and I hope he knocks Canelo head off.
              Canelo is a overrated coward

Comment

How about Oscar sticking his big head in for the post fight interview?l lol
                The HBO commentators did their best to create some drama but the only question was how bad of a ko would it be?
                I think Lemieux Alvarez would be a good fight but I guess he's way too big for Saul (besides he'd have an outside chance of winning)

Comment

Comment

I agree. But in no way shape or form is Garcia a lesser fighter than Canelo.

Comment

Lot of salt being thrown over the Gomez fight.
                      Herrera is a good fighter and a nice guy but of all the guys he has official losses to, the one he was never going to beat was Gomez. He is easily the best fighter Herrera has a loss to.

Comment

Working...
                      X