Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

are showtime fights between two haymon managed fighters considered "PBC" broadcasts??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are showtime fights between two haymon managed fighters considered "PBC" broadcasts??

for instance we have the jacobs vs quillen megafight coming up which has been promoted for a while now on the PBC brand and thruought various PBC en****** and shows,however this fight is on SHOWTIME.

the reason i ask is because if its true that haymon wants to develop and sanction belts specifically for the PBC brand,that means that PBC "title fights" couldnt be shown on showtime anymore?since its technicall not a "PBC" broadcast and rather "SHOWTIME Championship boxing" or whatver they call it?????hmm

if that is the case,stephn espinoza better look elsewhere for good fights because haymon gonna throw him the garbage fights his way when the belts are developed

how man haymon fighters have showtime aired.

has it only been haymon fighters on showtime? sorry I wasnt keeping track.

can you link me to this pbc going to create their own belts thing, I heard about it but never seen anything solid suggesting so.
    Last edited by FBLM; 10-26-2015, 05:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FBLM View Post
      how man haymon fighters have showtime aired.

has it only been haymon fighters on showtime? sorry I wasnt keeping track.
      iunno,i barely even watch showtime anymore,

i think there most recent "big" fight was chavez vs fonfara,and both are haymon managed,and there was no mention of "PBC" or anything to do with the brand during showtimes broadcast

Comment

I don't think you can officially call them PBC shows, but basically they are (no "PBC look", no WWE-ish ringwalk, got an announcer + ring girls but headlined & the card filled with PBC fighters). There have been around 3 of them already iirc since PBC has been around. Wilder had a defense there. Broner just won his 4th title there. And there was a prospect card, with Erickson Lubin being the guy I remember. Seems like another one but idr for sure.

I highly suspect they will make it official at some point & we'll see "PBC on Showtime" or a similarly named show. I suspect thats Haymon's goal anyway.

Comment

I believe they said that out of all the networks that they have PBC on, Showtime was one of only a couple which actually pays PBC to carry the fights. So they can pretty much do whatever they want with the broadcast and they already have SCB, so they didn't change it.

Comment

Originally posted by STAX ON DECK View Post
            for instance we have the jacobs vs quillen megafight coming up which has been promoted for a while now on the PBC brand and thruought various PBC en****** and shows,however this fight is on SHOWTIME.

the reason i ask is because if its true that haymon wants to develop and sanction belts specifically for the PBC brand,that means that PBC "title fights" couldnt be shown on showtime anymore?since its technicall not a "PBC" broadcast and rather "SHOWTIME Championship boxing" or whatver they call it?????hmm

if that is the case,stephn espinoza better look elsewhere for good fights because haymon gonna throw him the garbage fights his way when the belts are developed
            From what I've noticed from the sho broadcast, no they are not labeled or billed as pbc because sho is buying the broadcast rights. Now once the time buys are up on the networks I think the name of the broadcast may be up to the network unless haymon negotiates differently. I really don't care what they call it as long as I get hella boxing each week. I think you agree with my last statement

Comment

Originally posted by HAY-B View Post
              From what I've noticed from the sho broadcast, no they are not labeled or billed as pbc because sho is buying the broadcast rights. Now once the time buys are up on the networks I think the name of the broadcast may be up to the network unless haymon negotiates differently. I really don't care what they call it as long as I get hella boxing each week. I think you agree with my last statement
              Showtime isnt PBC. The whole premise behind PBC is "Free" boxing which can't fit in Showtime since it is a premium channel you have to subscribe to and pay a monthly bill.

Comment

All of these networks are getting paid millions to air Haymon fighters and Showtime is paying millions to do the same. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  I don't think you can officially call them PBC shows, but basically they are (no "PBC look", no WWE-ish ringwalk, got an announcer + ring girls but headlined & the card filled with PBC fighters). There have been around 3 of them already iirc since PBC has been around. Wilder had a defense there. Broner just won his 4th title there. And there was a prospect card, with Erickson Lubin being the guy I remember. Seems like another one but idr for sure.

I highly suspect they will make it official at some point & we'll see "PBC on Showtime" or a similarly named show. I suspect thats Haymon's goal anyway.
                  oh ur right,wilder fought on showtime and so did broner,yet they are considered "PBC" fighters,interesting

Comment

Haymon manages way way way way too many boxers. A fight between two Haymon managed fighters is a conflict of interest. It's like a man and a woman getting a divorce and having the same divorce lawyer. Nobody in history ever managed even one tenth as many boxers as Haymon does. He manages between 200 and 300 boxers so he is spread too thin and can give very little time and effort to any one boxer. He doesn't manage all these fighters for the good of boxing. He manages so many boxers for power and control and the good of Haymon. Since he has taken control there has been a lot less fights of the best fighting the best. He manages over half of the top welterweights and they are mostly fighting unranked fighters.

Comment

Working...
                    X