Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Been slaping the heavy bag calzagge style! Makes a loud noise!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been slaping the heavy bag calzagge style! Makes a loud noise!

Why is it so loud and does loud = powerful? I hear the sound of a strike is important and loud = good!

Seriously I don't know how calzagge punches Ive just been slapping it with a straight out arms for fun and its really really loud.

Think A close line in WWE/WWF.

I apologise in advance for my ******ed post.

Originally posted by Rockin'
    Apologize nothin', this is actually very insightful and you are the only one, that I've seen in this forum, to pick up on it.

The punch is garbage, and mostly illegal, as Cal never turns the shot over. Instead, he slaps with the palm side of the glove. Yes, the 10% of the glove that is exposed from the palm, because of the fist (the very finger tips of the glove), lands but the rest is pure leather, laces, tape, an flesh and bone. And people 'Marvel' at Laceys swollen and cut up face. When you are being struck by a skin of leather and bone it's bound to happen. If they had ever called me to referee a Calz fight and it was in his home town I would never had made it out of the arena alive. First time that he slaps I call stop! Then I point at Calz like he was some untrained amateur and I turn over a right fist in in to my left palm. The international language for turn the sheeit over/ quit slapping. He did it again, and again and I'd be leaving my car to be picked up later as I run for my life. It just astounds me how the refs let it fly, more so the commission, as he was fighting exclusively in his home area.

You get racked upside your head by a strap of leather and bone and it will not only induce swelling and cuts but will leave your head ringing a deep and hollowed echoe. Excepting those kinds of blows will ring deep and will bring on instant pAin deep inside touching with in the epicenter of your brain.

They are illegal shots and I hated watching every blow that Calz landed in that fashion. I as well felt bad for the fighter excepting such blatantly illegal blows. With a referee from Calz common place. In a stadium full of screaming Calz nuts. In an arena that sits in his home land. It made me sick.

Great insight Alex.......... Rockin'
    So even though the punch is considered a slap, it still does serious damage? Could you actually KO someone with those kind of slaps?

I'm asking bc ive actually always wondered the same thing. At the first gym I ever went to, I would throw my hook in a "slapping" fashion and it would be loud and I fell in love with it for that reason but when I went to a much more credible gym, they told me I was slapping the bag and showed me a different way to throw the hook and when I throw it how they showed me it makes more of a thudding sound but it's nowhere near as loud so ive always wondered which was better.

This is a great thread btw

Comment

Vote Larry and recieve 1 Quadrillion points...just vote and pm me for payment

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=660650

Comment

Working...
      X