Collapse
No announcement yet.

The myth that JMM owns Pacquiao.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i say the only way marquez somehow owned pacquaio was with that perfect right hand that won him the 4th fight. in other instances i say that marquez was superior when it came to boxing skill. but pacquiaos speed and power would match that so i can say they were pretty much even. the first three could have went either way. its just that pacquaio had a slight edge and marquez couldnt capatalize over it until the 4th fight. its good for marquez that pac made that mistake because i think pacquaio would have won that fight. he was busting marquez up pretty bad before the knockout occurred.

Comment

In no way does Marquez own Pacquiao. Actually your thread title should be, does Marquez OWE Pacquiao? Then I would say, YES. Pacquiao and team said to have completely closed the book on the Marquez fights after the 2nd actually. Then Pac went on again to take on Marquez for 2 more matches... They could of just let Marquez continue his whine rants and left it at that without a fourth ever happening. I think Marquez owes it to the Pac team for putting together a 4th fight when he could of gone a different direction at that point... Let's remember, it took 4, not 1,2,3, but 4 fights for Marquez to finally get in that big shot he's been waiting for, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
        In no way does Marquez own Pacquiao. Actually your thread title should be, does Marquez OWE Pacquiao? Then I would say, YES. Pacquiao and team said to have completely closed the book on the Marquez fights after the 2nd actually. Then Pac went on again to take on Marquez for 2 more matches... They could of just let Marquez continue his whine rants and left it at that without a fourth ever happening. I think Marquez owes it to the Pac team for putting together a 4th fight when he could of gone a different direction at that point... Let's remember, it took 4, not 1,2,3, but 4 fights for Marquez to finally get in that big shot he's been waiting for, lol.
        It actually only took 1 or 2 times depending on who you ask. A lot of people scored 1, 2, and 3 for Marquez.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
          It actually only took 1 or 2 times depending on who you ask. A lot of people scored 1, 2, and 3 for Marquez.
          I won't argue you on that, but to get that 1 huge shot after claiming he would KO Pac in fight 2 and 3? I think people sit on the fact that he finally did it but don't realize it took 4 fghts, nearly 10 years a part from the first to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by .Boxeo. View Post
            laid out like a bitch with your ass up face down is something to be embarrased about my friend.
            Wow, LMMFAO!

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
              Lets not forget team pacquiao only pick JMM for fight 3 because top rank didnt have any other option AND team pacquiao thought they would plow through JMM in 3 rounds. Roach, pacquiao, and Ariza all went on record saying that. Same for fight four. So basically Pac thought he was cherry picking an easy fight.

Comment

After watching these great fights many times, i have the first 2 fights a draw and the third clearly for marquez, and as for the fourth one , i mean cmon, one guy gave interviews while the other one was sleep still. I won't argue with anyone who thought pac won either one of the first two fights because those were close and pretty even and what kept them even was pac knocking Marquez down because Marquez was winning the majority of the rounds. Pac has always had speed, power, stamina, and a chin so he's hard to deal with for anybody, but he's always had trouble dealing with intelligence, timing, and counter-punchers and Marquez has all those and also has a warriors heart. The guy has a never say die mentality. The difference to me that I thought I could see was that when people asked Marquez who won the first 3 fights he wholeheartedly and genuinely feels without a shred of doubt that he won all of them and he's 100% convinced that he did. Pac on the other hand doesn't convey that same sense of security, he says he won them but you can just kind of tell that he's trying to convince himself that he won. Even Roach doesn't seem to be genuine when asked about the decisions.

I have to say that they were great fights with a lot action but Marquez clearly emerged the superior boxer out of it. He has 2 clear victories over pac while pac could only muster 2 debatable decisions that will always be controversial. Oh and just in case I forgot to mention it, I can give a **** less what the so called "official" decisions said because if were going by those "official" decisions then Bradley beat pac and Trinidad beat Oscar and Jones lost at the Olympics and Martinez beat burgos etc. etc. You get the point because there is no way pac won that 3rd fight, not even my Filipino homeboys believe that. The internet is the only place where you find people who say pac won the 3rd fight.

So do I call it ownage? Nah, but he clearly bested him and demonstrated who was the better boxer. I mean he put an iron chinned fighter to sleep with one shot, and it wasn't no lucky punch. It was something he repeatedly practiced and practiced in the gym, something he dedicated himself to perfecting and when the opportunity presented itself he simply walked pac into a trap that he knew pac would take because of pacs reckless abandonment and aggression. Marquez came to counter punch pac in the fourth fight but he also came to bang a lot more because he decided to finally fully sit down on his punches and just try to hit him as hard a he could like pac always does. If you're going to decide to bang it out with a faster fighter with more power, you're gonna get touched up which did happen to marquez, just look a his face, but Marquez knew that in that danger zone his opportunity would finally present itself and it did.

Comment

Working...
                X