No announcement yet.

Another guy stick it to Piers Morgan on the Gun issue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
    Because that has never happened... ever... has it?
    That guy said maybe it cant happen now but it could happen in the future. I don't see whats crazy about that statement

Comment

Originally posted by GGBoxer View Post
      That guy said maybe it cant happen now but it could happen in the future. I don't see whats crazy about that statement
      There is nothing crazy about that statement. History shows us that Tyranny is the norm, not the exception.

It is amazing how quickly people forget. Its not as if it isn't going on today. It is.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman Hodgson View Post
        Has he replaced Larry King?

I don't know what's more disturbing, the fact that middle class white people from the suberbs want to buy automatic weapons or the fact that Piers Morgan has been given a primetime slot on one of the worlds most watched news channels. He's English and we only let him interview morons like Cheryl Cole. He's a wanker.
        Get this straight, we aren't talking about purchasing of automatic weapons, we are talking about the civilian, semi-automatic models (http://science.howstuffworks.com/5-m...ular-guns3.htm) The "assault weapon" ban is basically banning of cosmetic features of a rifle. One of the reasons this rifle is so popular is due to its accuracy, parts availability (design is from the 60's), and customization options. If one wanted a high-powered rifle, they'd be better off with a 30-6 or 30-30 which makes an ar-15 look like the squirrel killer it is.

Comment

You guys think a tyrannical government is gonna rise up and your gonna have to grab your M16's and your pick ups and go fight the man?

Lol you crack me up.

More like your using a 100's of years old rule that has no basis in reality in 2013 as an excuse to keep your dick extension guns, because "god bless America and it's ma right as a proud Americanto own a mmachine gun, yeeee ha"

Comment

Originally posted by GreatRubdini View Post
            Arguing with Piers Morgan is like arguing with a stubborn child. His debates are simple minded, sometimes gets frustrated and starts insulting them when hes losing the argument. I like how he always comparing gun death between U.S (11,000)and Great Britain (40??) even though UK has a gun ban but more violent crimes than the U.S.

Violent crime? A push is a violent crime here... I wonder what is considered violent in the US...

I would rather have violent crime than murders done to me anyday.

Comment

These people who say religion is backwards and outdated still fear that the Government will turn it's back on them and start killing them... LOL.

It's more likely the people with the guns to turn it's back on the Government instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe2608 View Post
                Piers Morgan is a wanker and i'm glad he left the UK but i don't see him being owned here. The other guy is crazy, he actually believes that his own government is going to turn on him and everyone is going to have to prepare for war by getting an assault rifle! How stupid can you be?!
                Glad I'm not the only person with this point of view. The problem with Piers is that everyone loves to hate him.

If Larry King had shared his view on this subject you wouldn't see the people he was interviewing talking to him this way, they would have a far more respectful tone.

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                There is nothing crazy about that statement. History shows us that Tyranny is the norm, not the exception.

It is amazing how quickly people forget. Its not as if it isn't going on today. It is.
                Here is the problem, people like you, are completely paranoid about something that isn't going to happen. (Or you watch too many movies.) Even if it did would you be taking aim at government officials and the army or a rebel group? Probably not, you'd run or hide like 99.9% of the population.

No civilian needs an assault rifle and most you know it. Most of these massacres would stop or not have happened if they weren't available to the general population.

I don't like Piers, but I agree with his stance.
                Last edited by -Jay-; 01-12-2013, 05:23 PM.

Comment

He definitely pointed out Pier's philosophical inconsistency.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                    You guys think a tyrannical government is gonna rise up and your gonna have to grab your M16's and your pick ups and go fight the man?

Lol you crack me up.

More like your using a 100's of years old rule that has no basis in reality in 2013 as an excuse to keep your dick extension guns, because "god bless America and it's ma right as a proud Americanto own a mmachine gun, yeeee ha"
                    Please provide me examples of countries that were able to radically expaned its governments powers and way from its citizens when they were allowed to possess firearms. Here's some examples of what happens when a government does in fact disarm their population.

1911 – Turkey disarmed it’s citizens, and between 1915 – 1917 they murdered 1.5 million Armenians.
                    1929 – Russia disarmed it’s citizens, and between 1929 – 1953 they murdered 20 million Russians.
                    1935 – China disarmed it’s citizens, and between 1948 – 1952 they murdered 20 million Chinese.
                    1938 – Germany disarmed it’s citizens, and between 1939 – 1945 they murdered 16 million Jews.
                    1956 – Cambodia disarmed it’s citizens, and between 1975 – 1977 they murdered 1 million Educated people.
                    1964 – Guatamala disarmed it’s citizens, and between 1964 – 1981 they murdered 100,000 Mayan Indians.
                    1970 – Uganda disarmed it’s citizens, and between 1971 – 1979 they murdered 300,000 Christians.

Shall we get into more modern examples like Mexico where corrupt military and drug cartels is performing genocide on their own people. UK and Australia are experiencing HUGE increases in all forms of violent crime since severely restricting gun ownership. Syria, Egypt, Libya are all in turmoil with a disarmed citizenship.

Comment

Originally posted by -Jay- View Post
                      Glad I'm not the only person with this point of view. The problem with Piers is that everyone loves to hate him.

If Larry King had shared his view on this subject you wouldn't see the people he was interviewing talking to him this way, they would have a far more respectful tone.

Here is the problem, people like you, are completely paranoid about something that isn't going to happen. (Or you watch too many movies.) Even if it did would you be taking aim at government officials and the army or a rebel group? Probably not, you'd run or hide like 99.9% of the population.

No civilian needs an assault rifle and most you know it. Most of these massacres would stop or not have happened if they weren't available to the general population.

I don't like Piers, but I agree with his stance.
                      You do understand our standing army is about 75 million out of a population of 300 million (est 225m of them adults). Short of using mass destructive weapons on its own population, our military would have its hands full dealing with the numbers.

Daily need of an assault rifle is not needed, however, and active militia is a guaranteed right by our constitution. You going to argue that our constitution had the intention of limiting the militia to side-arms and hunting weapons?

BTW, the worst and most of these massacres have been carried out WITHOUT assault rifles. Pistols and shotguns are actually the most devastating in these types of massacres.

Comment

Working...
                      X