No announcement yet.

Martinez unorthodox K.O. Video of Williams

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tornillo57 View Post
    I though about it instantly, no kidding. It's an awkward, no-looking, power punch. Must be difficult to time. The victim never knows where it comes from.
    It's an unorthodox punch not seen in boxing. even if this posers here thinks it's at the beginning of time. Even mma fighters are using it and calling it pacquiao punch. It is a duck chin side move punch. It's an overhand punch but with a side motion to it.

It's really an orthodox punch. Pac patented it. Haters ofcourse won't agree =P
    Last edited by Spoon23; 11-21-2010, 04:36 AM.

Comment

that's essentially an overhand left

i dont think theres a southpaw out there who regularly throws a shot like that

it's abot knowing exactly where your opponents chin is going to be and turning the punch over (distance and timing essentially)

a soild trainer could tell you more about it

those MMA guys calling it a "Pacquiao punch" probably haven't watched many boxers other than manny pacquiao

martinez' fighting 13 round w/ williams prior to that KO certainly helped

williams has always been a sitting duck for shots downt he center
      he usually shows an incredible chin
      but maravilla looked like a solid middleweight tonight and he was barely on his toes all night
      he was sitting on punches early and often
      Last edited by New England; 11-21-2010, 03:37 AM.

Comment

Floyd don't want any of these unorthodox, crazy southpaws throwing punches from weird angles, he's only ever trained to fight as a pure boxer and pure boxers struggle with these types of fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          that's essentially an overhand left

i dont think theres a southpaw out there who regularly throws a shot like that

it's abot knowing exactly where your opponents chin is going to be and turning the punch over (distance and timing essentially)

a soild trainer could tell you more about it

those MMA guys calling it a "Pacquiao punch" probably haven't watched many boxers other than manny pacquiao

martinez' fighting 13 round w/ williams prior to that KO certainly helped

williams has always been a sitting duck for shots downt he center
          he usually shows an incredible chin
          but maravilla looked like a solid middleweight tonight and he was barely on his toes all night
          he was sitting on punches early and often
          Like I said it's an over hand but this one pac and martinez was doing was a move that was ducking while punching and staying away from the left side of the opponent at the sametime they were throwing with their chin down. It is a new move. Give me a video that some boxer has done this. Before the time of pac. Don't think there is. Been watching boxing for too long.
          Last edited by Spoon23; 11-21-2010, 04:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
            Like I said it's an over hand but this one pac and martinez was doing was a move that was ducking while punching and staying away from the left side of the opponent at the sametime they were throwing with their chin down. It is a new move. Give me a video that some boxer has done this. Before the time of pac. Don't think there is. Been watching boxing for too long.
            it's not new. it's amatuerish imho. and because it's not how you usually throw an overhand left, its hard to prepare for. you can see pwill doesn't even expect a punch coming from that angle because martinez has already ducked down and pwill has anticipated him ducking down and trying to catch him with a left hook.

a better punch that pwill could've thrown in that situation was the jab.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
              it's not new. it's amatuerish imho. and because it's not how you usually throw an overhand left, its hard to prepare for. you can see pwill doesn't even expect a punch coming from that angle because martinez has already ducked down and pwill has anticipated him ducking down and trying to catch him with a left hook.

It's not amatuerish move, It has a science to it. Pac and Sergio's head are tucked in and in a ducking position and moving from the side and time the guy coming in. Andwhile throwing moving away from their opponent. It is a brilliant move. MMA like Fedor has used in his recent fight.

As I said they call it Pacquiao punch in mma.

Comment

no dude. the overhand left that pac caught hatton was a thing of beauty. that's how you throw it.

the overhand left pac caught marquez with was an accident.

the overhand left that sergio caught pwill with was improvised. sergio was throwing that punch all night, eventually he was gonna connect with it.

Comment

It's not an amatuerish, It has a science to it. Pac and Sergio's head are tucked in and in a ducking position and moving from the side and time the guy coming in. Andwhile throwing moving away from their opponent. It is a brilliant move. MMA like Fedor has used in his recent fight.

As I said they call it Pacquiao punch in mma.

If you don't agree show me a video that a boxer would do it.

Don't show me a hail mary overhand this one has technique.

Pac is a pro it ain't a lucky shot, he did that on purpose, that's why mma fighters are already immitating that move and calling it a pacquiao punch.
                  Last edited by Spoon23; 11-21-2010, 04:55 AM.

Comment

no dude. the overhand left that pac caught hatton was a thing of beauty. that's how you throw it.

the overhand left pac caught marquez with was an accident.

the overhand left that sergio caught pwill with was improvised. sergio was throwing that punch all night, eventually he was gonna connect with it.
                    Look closely there is a technique behind it. If you are the opponent how do you counter that? By the time you react he is at your side, and if ever you try to land you will hit his temple part of the head coz he is in the duckng position and his chin is tucked in hidden from the you to punch. His chin is hiding with that kind of shot. It's a brilliant shot. You just to understand the technique there. By the time you react he is beside you and you have to turn in.
                    Last edited by Spoon23; 11-21-2010, 05:01 AM.

Comment

There are ten amateurs at my gym who have been throwing that punch since before Pacquiao "invented" it. I like Pacquiao and I consider him to be the only fighter I have seen in my lifetime that will go down as an all time great, but let's not try crediting him with things he hasn't done.

Hell I knocked out a tall amateur with a similar punch, a short overhand right while ducking to the side. It's hardly rocket surgery.

Comment

Working...
                      X