No announcement yet.

The Official Iceman John Scully Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Official Iceman John Scully Thread

The purpose of this thread is to ask Iceman John Scully a question or two.

I'll bump it periodically for those who didn't catch it this time around.

Happy postings!

I'll go first.

What was the general talk going around after the McClellan-Benn fight? Was it talked a lot amongst insiders and gyms?

I'm not even sure what kind of talk was going around amongst fans, I was a little kid back then so I wouldnt know.

Comment

Originally posted by R I Z O View Post
      The purpose of this thread is to ask Iceman John Scully a question or two.

I'll bump it periodically for those who didn't catch it this time around.

Happy postings!
      hello Ice.

I just wanted to know how you got your name "ICE MAN"..

thanks
      goldenglove2

Comment

Yo Scully is it true you knocked Mulder out. Just kidding.

Is it true you gave Dawson his name nickname Bad Chad.

Comment

Dear John,

Is it true that you are like super-awesome and that Lynn Swann has a restraining order on you?

Your biggest fan,
          Sweet

Comment

Lynn Swann, #1 pick out of USC in 1974 for the Steelers...#88...born in Alcoa, Tennessee...lived in Marina Del Ray, Cali as a player...made 300K a year as the highest paid WR in NFL at the time he retired in 1982? That guy? Nah, no restraining order. Was a big fan,though

As for the ICEMAN nickname...when I was a kid in my neighborhood ranking on people's heads was the big thing...big head, apple head, rock head etc...Al Graham, hook head Al, said I had a square shaped head..like a box....an icebox...came to my amateur fights..."Come on, Iceblock!!" AND BAM, a nickname was born...

Yes, I started calling Chad BAD when he was about 14 or so..

To tell u the truth, I dont think the McClellan injury was talked about all that much in the gyms I was at...it came up, but not as much as umight have thought it would have...

Comment

what do you think of the following fighters?

Timothy Bradley, Devon Alexander, Floyd Mayweather jr, Kelly Pavlik, and Andre Berto

Comment

i dont have any question... Im just glad that someone who actually is involved so close to the damn sport that we love so much .. give us some light!

so thanks Ice...

with that being said...
                mann.... you are going down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! with oliver..!! WARRRRRRRRRRR ESCALANTE

Comment

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
                  Lynn Swann, #1 pick out of USC in 1974 for the Steelers...#88...born in Alcoa, Tennessee...lived in Marina Del Ray, Cali as a player...made 300K a year as the highest paid WR in NFL at the time he retired in 1982? That guy? Nah, no restraining order. Was a big fan,though

As for the ICEMAN nickname...when I was a kid in my neighborhood ranking on people's heads was the big thing...big head, apple head, rock head etc...Al Graham, hook head Al, said I had a square shaped head..like a box....an icebox...came to my amateur fights..."Come on, Iceblock!!" AND BAM, a nickname was born...

Yes, I started calling Chad BAD when he was about 14 or so..

To tell u the truth, I dont think the McClellan injury was talked about all that much in the gyms I was at...it came up, but not as much as umight have thought it would have...

Yo Scully who was the hardest person you ever sparred or that gave you the biggest beating or surprised you the most in sparring?

Comment

Timothy Bradley: Saw him as amateur but not as a pro yet

Devon Alexander: Same as Bradley

Floyd Mayweather Jr: A genius in the ring..so confident, trains like amadman, very smart in there...picks his hots as well as anyone ever has

Kelly Pavlik: Little bit raw but is so determined, hits hard, stays with his game plan, seems like a very clean living kid and

Andre Berto: Saw him more as an amateur than as a pro...has fast hands...seems like a nice kid out of the ring...still improving, he should be quite a bit better in three years or so and his game then will be so much more well rounded than it is right now...I think they rushed him a bit in a certain way of thinking and soon he may be in over his head...IMO, no way is he ready for Margarito yet

Comment

Working...
                    X