Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Cotto Vs Margarito A Brutal Beating?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shalafi View Post
    I beg to differ sir, Tony landed some really good bombs on Cotto early on, specially to the body, it's just that HBO are too biased and only showed Cotto's shots because they were obviously the "prettier" shots. It was after the 6th that Tony started head hunting and ****ed Cotto all up, by round 2 Cotto had already a small cut on his right eye, a broken nose and semi busted lip.
    Basically. Cotto went back to his corner with a bloody nose and cut left eye...after ROUND TWO.

Comment

the beating cotto took was savage as well as brutal!!

Comment

No,i mean,Cotto won the first 6 rounds easy,round 7 he was hurt,8 9 and 10 was okay,he was losing the round but not taking too much punishment,round 11 was punishing,was it a BRURTAL BEATING? I had him ahead,so no,but it was a brutal loss for him

Comment

Originally posted by deevel79 View Post
          It was a brutal ending. Not an overall brutal beating.

For me it was a brutal beating overall the ending was normal to be honest, it was the beating Cotto took from the begining that made the ending look bad, Even when Cotto was beating Rito to the punch he wasnt comfortable..

Margarito's punches were harder and broke him down throughout the fight..so if that isnt a brutal beating overall then i dont know what is.

Comment

I thought that it was as bad a beating as what Lacy took off of Calzaghe !
            I wonder if it will have the same affect on Cotto????

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              Basically. Cotto went back to his corner with a bloody nose and cut left eye...after ROUND TWO.

Exactlymondo....Cotto was already bleeding at the end of the 2nd round, He was punished to the chest,body,hip etc, if people watch the fight again they would see that Margarito didnt target cotto's head in the early rounds at all.

He went to cotto's body for the first 6 rounds thats why he hit cotto low by mistake on several occasion, Thats why cotto was able to land at will in the first 6 rounds as well but all the hardwork Margarito put in the first 6 rounds paid off when Cotto slow down from the body attack (from 7 rounds on).

Comment

Past round 6 it was a beating yes. Before hand i'd say no

Comment

Originally posted by raycorey View Post

Exactlymondo....Cotto was already bleeding at the end of the 2nd round, He was punished to the chest,body,hip etc, if people watch the fight again they would see that Margarito didnt target cotto's head in the early rounds at all.

He went to cotto's body for the first 6 rounds thats why he hit cotto low by mistake on several occasion, Thats why cotto was able to land at will in the first 6 rounds as well but all the hardwork Margarito put in the first 6 rounds paid off when Cotto slow down from the body attack (from 7 rounds on).
                  Exactly, I wrote this on another post, if you look closely you will se bruises and redness all over Cotto's body, back, chest, arms.

Comment

well cotto took a bunch of great body shots all night which we know body shots are the most viciously hurting punches in boxing and he was busted in the eye, in his nose so he couldnt breathe and he was also bleeding from his mouth. i doubt he could even breath in that final round last 2 rounds. so yea i would consider it a brutal beating...

Comment

Both fighters absorbed some huge shots, but Margarito is built for that sorta thing. Cotto is not.

Comment

Working...
                      X