No announcement yet.

scared to run

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scared to run

him guys. this sounds like a stupid thing to say i know but im scared to start running. i box 3 times a week and lift weights twice so i do running a bit for both but only a little. i was going to start running in the mornings to improve my stamina but i dont want to risk shin splints. i got them a while back and it really messed up my training. i know good running shoes are the key but i cant afford them. is it worth risking getting shin splits? is there something else i can do instead? thanks

http://www.return2fitness.co.uk/Foot...beds/dblstrike
    http://www.rossboxing.com/thegym/thegym1.htm

Comment

http://www.newtonrunning.com/run-bet...l-running-form

Learn to run like this, landing on the ball of your foot instead of your heel. Fixed my problems with shin splints immediately. I ran one day the 'normal way' (landing on heel) and felt the pain then the next day I tried landing on the ball of my fit and was pain free.

Comment

Comment

yes definitely adopt the barefoot running technique. landing on forefoot/midfoot is the natural way to run.

i am an ex flat footed person, and my brother too.

i've tried numerous kinds of those high end running shoes with motion control and high end support. they were good short term wise, but they wear out fast and cost alot to keep replacing, and i still get numerous pain issues with them. plus... we are meant to run/do activities barefoot.. as humans.

i found these shoes made by Vibram

www.vibramfivefingers.com

They are about $80 for the KSO model (the most popular model). A bit cheaper than your typical high end "running shoe", but these will last you YEARS.

After using these for 2 months, my brother and i no longer fall under the flat footed community. we have actually developed a higher arch!!

yeah they look goofy, but they work. they have NO support at all, forcing you to land on your midfoot/forefoot (the CORRECT way to land when running!). highly supportive shoes force you to land on your heels, which is really bad for your joints.

it requires going through 2-4 weeks of intense muscle leg/feet conditioning though, but its worth it.

if you do some research on them, you won't find a bad review unless it's a review of a counterfeit (which are invading everywhere).

Comment

Originally posted by royjoneschin View Post
            yes definitely adopt the barefoot running technique. landing on forefoot/midfoot is the natural way to run.

i am an ex flat footed person, and my brother too.

i've tried numerous kinds of those high end running shoes with motion control and high end support. they were good short term wise, but they wear out fast and cost alot to keep replacing, and i still get numerous pain issues with them. plus... we are meant to run/do activities barefoot.. as humans.

i found these shoes made by Vibram

www.vibramfivefingers.com

They are about $80 for the KSO model (the most popular model). A bit cheaper than your typical high end "running shoe", but these will last you YEARS.

After using these for 2 months, my brother and i no longer fall under the flat footed community. we have actually developed a higher arch!!

yeah they look goofy, but they work. they have NO support at all, forcing you to land on your midfoot/forefoot (the CORRECT way to land when running!). highly supportive shoes force you to land on your heels, which is really bad for your joints.

it requires going through 2-4 weeks of intense muscle leg/feet conditioning though, but its worth it.

if you do some research on them, you won't find a bad review unless it's a review of a counterfeit (which are invading everywhere).
            TS This very good advise. I have a pair but I only use them for strength training.

Comment

Originally posted by Triggerhapppy View Post
              TS This very good advise. I have a pair but I only use them for strength training.
              i used slippers when i was mastering my forefoot running. but the rubber in between those toes hurt. now, i master forefoot running. am back into shoes.

to the ts, try to learn forefoot gradually.

Comment

Originally posted by josh-hill View Post
                him guys. this sounds like a stupid thing to say i know but im scared to start running. i box 3 times a week and lift weights twice so i do running a bit for both but only a little. i was going to start running in the mornings to improve my stamina but i dont want to risk shin splints. i got them a while back and it really messed up my training. i know good running shoes are the key but i cant afford them. is it worth risking getting shin splits? is there something else i can do instead? thanks
                I got shin splints when I started. I don't get them no more. I run 5 days a week. I wear $20 shoes.

Comment

Working...
                X