Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would you have managed Roy Jones after beating Ruiz if you were his manager?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take a fight at his normal weight and vacate the Heavyweight title. He accompished what he needed to.

Comment

he could either grow naturally at heavyweight or go down to cruiserweight and not have lose or gain anything. losing weight to make 175 was a dumb choice

Comment

Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
        go after Tyson or lewis
        You've got to be kidding!?

Jones should have retired after beating Ruiz, he would have gone down as maybe a top 10 of all time (undeserved)

if he was truly intent on continuing fighting I would have advised him to fight Vasily Jirov, who was probably the best CW in the world and get the one belt he never got

Comment

Interesting posts.

Comment

Originally posted by toshmurph View Post
            You've got to be kidding!?

Jones should have retired after beating Ruiz, he would have gone down as maybe a top 10 of all time (undeserved)

if he was truly intent on continuing fighting I would have advised him to fight Vasily Jirov, who was probably the best CW in the world and get the one belt he never got
            Jirov lost to Toney a month after Jones beat Ruiz. Jones vs Toney was the fight to make.

Comment

Definitely campaigned at a lower weight, CW would be ideal I guess seeing as how Roy has always wanted a title there.

Comment

I would have advised him to hire an English tutor and a speech tutor. Because he didn't know how to speak English back then. In fact, he still doesn't.

I would give him the same advice today as I would have back then.

Comment

Working...
                X