No announcement yet.

Bigger farce, Haye or Donaire?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HooksInYou View Post
    Nope. Not bad style match-up; just 1 fighter being much better than the other (in both cases).
    Well yeah, that too.

But I was always thinking Rigo wasn't good for Donaire but it was just Nonito's power and Rigo's less than iron chin it seemed that made Donaire the favourite.

But yeah Rigo was at least 2x better tonight also.

I honestly think the Haye fight wasn't as much about ability but more about he was just never going to get close enough to do anything but that's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
      Donaire wasn't a farce, Rigo was just that great.
      This. Donaire wasn't a farce at all. He was just that good. Rigo just showed that he's even better.

Comment

I don't know how you come up with that Haye was the one trying to counter.

Comment

Donaire benefited from HBO exposure. They carefully handpicked his opponents and even in those fights he looked terrible.

The fact that he was unanimous FOTY, makes this loss so much worse and embarrassing for him. Can anyone take that award seriously anymore?

Seriously who decides who gets FOTY? The Klitschko's haven't won a single one of these and instead they give them out to guys like Donaire. Absurd. That BWAA award is such garbage.

Comment

I would say donaire since he was the bigger man and supposedly had the speed and power advantage aswell. Donaire looked about as bad as gesta against vasquez, actually i would say worse since donaire was considered p4p number 3 or whatever for some odd reason. Was never impressed with donaire, and seeing him struggle with mathebula made my opinion of him go even lower.

Comment

Calling Donaire a "farce" is denigrating the Rigo victory tonight.

Comment

Donaire. Donaire is a clear hype job. Donaire has been so well matched and promoted that I even fell for the Donaire hype as well that I thought Donaire was going to do better then he did with Rigo. Donaire always knew Rigo was too good which is why he ducked him for so long until he was cornered and had no choice but to fight him.

Comment

Don't know about that, Cuban, but Haye was certainly a farce...

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
                    Don't know about that, Cuban, but Haye was certainly a farce...
                    Like I said it's very close.

Haye used his mouth to get to the top.

Donaire was hyped up by HBO.

Neither had much skill.

Comment

Working...
                    X