New Clinical Trial Will Attempt to Bring Dead Humans Back to Life

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The age of the living ****ing dead!

Comment

I know plenty of people who are brain dead! Best they stay that way!

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
        Everything that lives wants to cling to that life for as long as possible. Doesn't matter if it's a complex thinking primate like human being or a gorilla, or comparatively simple beings like a plant, a fungus, an amoeba, a bacterium, or even an individual cell within our own bodies. It's in our DNA to try to survive for as long as we possibly can regardless of the circumstances.

A really interesting sci-fi line of thought on this disease after death thing would be what would happen if we advanced medical science enough that we could legitimately reanimate a well-preserved corpse after death. If we could ever get to the point where we could safely "kill" somebody temporarily in a medical setting and then bring them back weeks later it would have enormous medical impact that could basically eradicate most of the notoriously stubborn diseases that currently plague us like cancer and HIV/AIDS.

Doctors would basically be able to kill you for long enough that your particular disease would die off inside of your body and then bring you back to life after all signs of the disease being active (no more HIV virus in the blood, cancerous tumors completely necrotic, etc...) had passed.

Not a probable series of events given current our medical limitations, but still interesting to think about as we continue to find newer and more effective ways of combating and curing disease.

holy **** that's fcking trippy.

i mean medicine has brought people back to life who has flatlined before and we can medically induce comas not the same as dead for awhile bring back jon snow style but i think its possible.

Comment

Originally posted by rizkybizness View Post
          :: hits blunt ::

if the person that dies has HIV, does the HIV come back?
          lololol....

i think this study is a great idea but im pretty sure it will never work.

if it does, i say they should control it on who lives and who dies, this way the world will not be over populated since nobody will be dying. if you die of old age then you shouldnt get to go thru this treament. if you die from an illness or an accident at an early age then they should be able to take this treatment.

Comment

I can finally live out my dream of being a necromancer

Comment

Originally posted by WSSD View Post
              lololol....

i think this study is a great idea but im pretty sure it will never work.

if it does, i say they should control it on who lives and who dies, this way the world will not be over populated since nobody will be dying. if you die of old age then you shouldnt get to go thru this treament. if you die from an illness or an accident at an early age then they should be able to take this treatment.
              just start some wars if it gets too overpopulated.

they are already doing it now....

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
                just start some wars if it gets too overpopulated.

they are already doing it now....
                wouldnt do anything because the people that got shot and killed will just go thru this treatnment and come back to life. im sure if US found the cure, the rest of the world will follow. i say make the cut off age at 90. anyone that dies before 90 get this treatment so they can live a full life until their 90 then lights out.

Comment

Originally posted by WSSD View Post
                  wouldnt do anything because the people that got shot and killed will just go thru this treatnment and come back to life. im sure if US found the cure, the rest of the world will follow. i say make the cut off age at 90. anyone that dies before 90 get this treatment so they can live a full life until their 90 then lights out.
                  you have to have some money to get this procedure i would think...

Comment

Working...
                  X