Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Postol end Manny's career?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't remember any time when Mayweather was remotely close to KOing Pacquiao. Mayweather won a ud by 116 to 112 on two judge's cards. Pacquiao was the aggressor most of the fight and landed the harder punches. Postol was surprisingly good. Matthysse fought poorly and then quit and I was sadly disappointed in him. That doesn't mean Postol retires Pacquiao or even wins the fight. Pacquiao would probably have KOed the sub par Matthysse that fought tonight also. KOing Matthysse doesn't make Postol an automatic winner over Pacquiao. Pacquiao is much different than Matthysse.

Comment

Originally posted by King_ View Post
      I feel Manny-Postol would be similar to Lucas-Postol but 10x as severe. Postol would completely clown him for 4 rounds before knocking him out via Marquez-style knock out.

If Manny Pac fought Postol in his next fight, would it be the final fight of his career?

He almost got KOd by Floyd, imagine what would happen if he fought a prime guy like Postol.

Thoughts?
      LOL, ugh, I'll take Pac by UD or late TKO at 147 because that fight is only happening at 147.

Comment

Why would you think that?

Comment

its just sad the way in which boxing "fans" forget that postol was holding nonstop for the first 7 rounds. literally a hundred times he must have held. then when matthysse gets tired and he ko's him it suddenly turns into a great performance? isn't clinching illegal? unfortunately this same pattern plays itself out over and over. maidana-floyd 2, brook-porter, wlad-povetkin, etc...

Comment

**** Postol!! Mini Clinchko at 140. Smh

Comment

Hopefully

Comment

Didn't Freddie Roach say he will corner Postol if he fights Manny, Postol is his new favorite and his win over Lucas Mattysse is his greatest win of his career. Roach seems to not like Pacquiao anymore probably realize he is washed up and done and he no longer needs Manny.

Comment

same trainer so I don't see that fight ever happening....but just for the sake of argument, Pac lights him up....c'mon man, Pac is a ATG....he murders dudes like Postol 5 years ago....now at this stage he's still great enough to put a beating on any young lion who thinks he's slipped enough to be considered BEATABLE

Comment

Manny Pacquiao breaks top contender Viktor Postol's nose in sparring

http://www.scmp.com/sport/hong-kong/...-nose-sparring

Manny Pacquiao sparring partners getting DESTROYED--breaks Viktor Postol's nose

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mCkh3Fs_CA

Comment

I think manny would still win

Comment

Working...
                      X