Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the toughest fight of Floyd Mayweather's career?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Castillo
    Maidana
    Augusus
    Cotto
    Chavez

Comment

Judging by the posts I think we should define "toughest"

Comment

Originally posted by jorgepichardojr View Post
        Judging by the posts I think we should define "toughest"
        Toughest means someone did not follow the script. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Could you say the DeJesus fights are pieces of evidence Floyd could beat Duran?

I would pick Duran, for the record.

i havent' seen those fights in several years, so i'd need to go back and look at a few rounds to really evaluate the implications of duran's ability to deal with dejesus' style on a prospective match with floyd's style at 135.

Comment

Mosley certainly rocked him harder than anyone had before. But that was more of a moment of carelessness from Floyd rather than the skill of Shane

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
              Yeah, you're not a dumb ****.

How is it that one fighter can bring out such utter and complete stupidity? Truly baffling. I've never seen so many people display such astounding ignorance and mind blowing ****tardedness as guys like this moron above.

Floyd and Oscar, a rare fight where Floyd wasn't the bigger man?

You would think it's purposeful, but I've been here too long and I know that in most cases, people are simply this ****ing dumb.
              Floyd Mayweather is 5'8'' and was a big super feather and light weight and is a pretty decent sized WW by modern standards. He is actually a natural at the weight, considering he has been fighting at 147 for almost a decade now.

Look at some of his more famous opponents, recently, Pacquiao, 5'6'' and barely rehydrating beyond 147. Maidana, 5'7'', a career light welterweight. Do you want me to start on Hatton, Gatti, Judah, JMM? How about Guerrero, a career lightweight?

Heck, he even had to have Canelo drained to have a fight with him, although he was actually a champion in the same division as Canelo and the Mexican stands a full inch shorter than Mayweather.

Let's not act like I'm some dillusional fighter hater, you just have to read my posts to see I give credit where credit is due. But I'm not gonna type non-sensical praise for any fighter, Mayweather has often been the bigger man in most of his fights (height and weight). YOu can deny it if you want, that's your prerogative but don't sit there and act like that is fact.

So, back to the point of this thread, you're telling me you DON'T think Castillo, Oscar and Maidana were his toughest fights? Fights that are universally recognised, especially the Castillo bout, ad fights that could have gone either way. It's why two of those opponents were given rematches.

I know I probably heart your little Floyd loving hearts but like I always say, be a fight fan, not a fighter fan.

P.S.

Just to embarrass you a little further, the last Mayweather fought a welterweight (prior to Pacquiao) who had spent more than 2 years at the weight was Mosley back in 2010...the same Mosley coming off a 14 month lay off and aged 38-39.

Comment

Working...
              X