Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does TopRank feed there fighter's to the wolves?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does TopRank feed there fighter's to the wolves?

before yesterdays fight they had a short clip of Gamboa talking about how he left toprank because they wanted him to fight Rios and he didn't want to fight a much bigger man.. This seems to be the growing trend after Froid Gayweather left TR because Arum was matching him up to fight Margarito ..Recently Mikey Garcia had a fallout with TR when they wanted him to fight Gamboa but later was on record saying he hopes he can continue to work with them and get the fights he wants ...Does TR throw there fighters in the ocean and expect them to swim and is this the correct format to create stars?

They make their fighters earn their stardom

Comment

Too rank does it exactly how it should be IMO. A star was born last night with Crawford, and why? Because he went into "the lions den" and came out with a lion skin jacket!

Comment

Top Rank new Gamboa was a bum and seized the opportunity to cash him out. Meanwhile trying to feed us this poor mans Mayweather from Nebraska. Smh.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRichCoward View Post
          Top Rank new Gamboa was a bum and seized the opportunity to cash him out. Meanwhile trying to feed us this poor mans Mayweather from Nebraska. Smh.
          I don't look at TC like Floyd. I liken him more to Hagler. Not everyone has to be compared to Floyd, bud.

That bum would knock your ass out within the first 2-3 seconds. You wouldn't even see what hit you.

Comment

They do it how it should be done. They match up their best fighters instead of scouting for homeless people to stick in the ring with them.

Comment

This may be slightly off.

I don't know what's happening with Mikey Garcia right now. But it seems that every time these guys express issues with their promoters their careers stall and takes time to see them back in the ring. There are reports that his brother, Robert, fired Ariza for influencing Mikey to leave TR, which may suggest that Robert prefers his brother to stay busy fighting. (We all know what happened to Gamboa's career.)

There's also Chavez who is confused as hell what he wants to do. There's Haymon who would gladly take him, but why is he still even continuing to hope that TR would be the best heaven for him. Why not just leave?

Comment

Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
                I don't look at TC like Floyd. I liken him more to Hagler. Not everyone has to be compared to Floyd, bud.

That bum would knock your ass out within the first 2-3 seconds. You wouldn't even see what hit you.
                I would tell the police I was hit by a bum.

Comment

Ok there you have it, dont sign with TR if you're a ****ing *****.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth. View Post
                    They do it how it should be done. They match up their best fighters instead of scouting for homeless people to stick in the ring with them.
                    Bullshit! They threw Chavez Jr probably all the hobos across the U.S and parts of Mexico at him and hyped him up as the next great Mexican champ.

And, made multiple mismatches for Pacquiao so he'd look like a god. Gamboa is no exception...he was a KO waiting to happen! Anyone who had ever seen him fight could see it was only a matter of time!

Comment

Working...
                    X