Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bernard Hopkins is pushing 50...Why is he still dominating ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

don't be naive, he's on hormones. TRT for sure.

Comment

His faith of course

Comment

Because he's a ****ing legend. End.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
          don't be naive, he's on hormones. TRT for sure.
          Was Archie Moore on TRT?

Comment

by stinking out the joint

Comment

Signs safe opponents to match his style! Will not engage until his opponent is "happy to to be paid without consequences"!
              I watched Bernard grow up in the sport and his best lessons are from the business side! He knows how to market himself and the younger fans who are easily impressed think he's he's sliced bread in a loaf generation!!! Ray.

Comment

Discipline and knowing when to choose his opponents. He is a great boxer, no matter how much I dislike him, that I can't deny. But this legend stuff like his nuthuggers talk about is a complete joke.

Comment

DOMINATING? In the same manner Floyd does? Similar strategy to Floyd. Careful choice of opponents and a lot of gamesmanship in the ring...with proper nutrition of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                    Signs safe opponents to match his style!
                    Tavoris Cloud, Chad Dawson, and Jean Pascal were all world champions. The Pascal fights he took in Canada.

I don't think those were safe opponents or cherry picks at all.

If you've ever read his column in Ring magazine you know how smart he is when it comes to boxing. He understands all of the distances and angles and knows what to do to hit and not be hit from any of them.

That and staying in shape year round is what I attribute his success to.

He doesn't blow up into a fatass between fights like Ricky Hatton did, for example.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X