No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao-Marquez V: Arum Stakes Rep on Making It

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
    Having re-read your post, I want to add something Concerning "footstomps". In their 3rd fight, it is on record that Marquez stepped ON Pacquiao's foot 28 times. There may have been more, but I saw 28. Nearly every time it was a definite "a foot standing on top of another" kind of thing. I'm not saying it was one-sided, but where Pacquiao's foot touched Marquez', he immediately moved it away, and they were side-touches.

Pacquiao was being actually pinned so that he couldn't pull away for a second ot two, which threw off his balance causing him to flail helplessly, whilst Marquez was able to pinpoint accurate combinations at a monemtarily static target. It was in these exchanges that Marquez scored most of his points.

Have a look......please..... In round 12, Marquez can bee seen to raise his foot and place it right on top of Pacquiao's. Pacquiao pulls hard and moves his foot back TWO paces. Marquez still KEEPS his foot on top of Pacquioa's and MOVES TWO PACES WITH HIM.

This could be nothing but deliberate and I believe it was not a fair contest.

I've seen a close-up slo mo video of the KO in the 4th fight, and it was clear that Pacquiao actually tripped over Marquez" utstretched foot and fell face first right into Marquez' punch.
    It wasn't a deliberate trip, but it happened. By the time that the punch connected, Marquez' head and shoulders were actually partly behind Pacquiao, and neither he nor Pacquiao could have seen the punch landing. This made it all the more devastating.

I was a featherweight sparring a former national welterweight champ, much taller. He was pushing and batting me around the ring, and I let go with a huge desperation right hand. I myself didn't know where it would land, if anywhere. My head ended down at waist-high, but the guy stopped and said I nearly broke his jaw. It was just one of those unexpected things, and I can't help but see a similar one in Pacquiao-Marquez 4.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
      Having re-read your post, I want to add something Concerning "footstomps". In their 3rd fight, it is on record that Marquez stepped ON Pacquiao's foot 28 times. There may have been more, but I saw 28. Nearly every time it was a definite "a foot standing on top of another" kind of thing. I'm not saying it was one-sided, but where Pacquiao's foot touched Marquez', he immediately moved it away, and they were side-touches.

Pacquiao was being actually pinned so that he couldn't pull away for a second ot two, which threw off his balance causing him to flail helplessly, whilst Marquez was able to pinpoint accurate combinations at a monemtarily static target. It was in these exchanges that Marquez scored most of his points.

Have a look......please..... In round 12, Marquez can bee seen to raise his foot and place it right on top of Pacquiao's. Pacquiao pulls hard and moves his foot back TWO paces. Marquez still KEEPS his foot on top of Pacquioa's and MOVES TWO PACES WITH HIM.

This could be nothing but deliberate and I believe it was not a fair contest.

I've seen a close-up slo mo video of the KO in the 4th fight, and it was clear that Pacquiao actually tripped over Marquez" utstretched foot and fell face first right into Marquez' punch.
      It wasn't a deliberate trip, but it happened. By the time that the punch connected, Marquez' head and shoulders were actually partly behind Pacquiao, and neither he nor Pacquiao could have seen the punch landing. This made it all the more devastating.

I was a featherweight sparring a former national welterweight champ, much taller. He was pushing and batting me around the ring, and I let go with a huge desperation right hand. I myself didn't know where it would land, if anywhere. My head ended down at waist-high, but the guy stopped and said I nearly broke his jaw. It was just one of those unexpected things, and I can't help but see a similar one in Pacquiao-Marquez 4.

This guy....

Gets me every time. If it's not slobbering on old man Arum's crusty knob, it's cracking everyone up with tall tales of bizarre boxing and cheating 'footstomps'.

What a cracker.

Comment

Working...
      X